Author Topic: Cervicogenic Therapy is where it is at people!  (Read 4369 times)

Shan1014

Cervicogenic Therapy is where it is at people!
« on: August 18, 2012, 08:33:00 pm »
 ;D  I  had surgery in 2010.  The tumor grew back and I had radiation just a few months later.  The tumor swelled from radiation and the problems began.  At that point I lost my hearing on the one side, got Bells Palsy, and woke up  with headaches from you know where.  I felt dull and in a fog all the time.  Not a life I wanted.  Once things settled down, I went back to Vestibular Therapy.  I was working with my PT for 3-4 appointments when she mentioned Cervicogenic Therapy.  She thought it might help me feel better.  So I thought...why not, I have nothing to lose.  From the onset, I realized that this is the whole problem and has been for a long, long time.  My golf ball of a tumor has caused me to compensate, use the wrong muscles, and basically lose all the strength in my upper body.  I have a long way to go but after 6 sessions of this therapy, I feel hope again.  God Bless excellent Physical Therapists who are so good at their jobs!

This has been an absolute miracle in my life and I just thought I would share.  Check it out, don't wait and don't accept a therapist that sort of knows what it is.
Shannon
4.1cm AN 85% de-bulked on 3/09/10
Dr. Willis & Dr. Macias- Phoenix Banner Hospital
July 2010 MRI shows fast re-growth
(FSR) Stereotactic Radiation Novalis Tx 9/27/10 5 days
Hearing loss and slight Bells Palsy Left side
Experiencing balance, facial numbness, double vision, headaches, & fatigue

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: Cervicogenic Therapy is where it is at people!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:02 am »
Search results on cervicogenic therapy:

https://www.duckduckgo.com/?q=cervicogenic+therapy&t=i
3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Cervicogenic Therapy is where it is at people!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:17:30 pm »
I think I need to look into this. The ways in which it presents align almost exactly with my headaches. I blew out a disc in my neck when I was 35 but never had the headaches before my AN but it may just be coincidental. I think the headaches I had post radiation but pre-surgery were AN related. They stopped for awhile after surgery. When they came back they were slightly different but I figured still AN related....now...maybe not. I've also been having some neck and shoulder pain and even some tingling in my fingers. The mention of the parasthesia in the scalp and other issues sound just like what I experience. It would be awesome to find the reason and a treatment.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org