Author Topic: accupuncture  (Read 2601 times)

Karen

accupuncture
« on: August 01, 2012, 06:47:03 pm »
How many peoplehave tried accupuncture for facialpain orheadaches?      Did it help any    I have beenthinking aboutrying it.  I havefacial paralysis and numbness.
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: accupuncture
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:07:35 am »
I seem to recall someone on the Forum using acupuncture for post op headaches, but I can't recall if it was successful or not.

You might want to search on "acupuncture" and see if you can find some posts.

Also, for headaches in general, you might want to read posts by Captain Deb - she tried lots of things for her headaches and her posts are quite helpful.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: accupuncture
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:37:32 pm »
Karen ~

Use the 'search' feature (located at the upper left-hand side of your screen between the 'help' and 'moderate' banner) and type in 'acupuncture' to review past threads on the subject.  A cursory look indicated that for most AN patients, acupuncture gives only temporary relief and generally doesn't alleviate headaches - but is usually consider worth trying.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.