Author Topic: Recommendation  (Read 3528 times)

Amanda616

Recommendation
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:43:03 am »
So glad to have found you all!

My Fiance is a 34year old male and was recently diagnosed with AN and his tumor is about 1.7cm. We are getting married in 3 months so this has been a bit of rain on our parade. We are located in Miami, FL but are wondering what the best places in the country are for the surgery?

Thanks in advance!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:35:58 pm »
Hi Amanda
Glad you found us too. Sorry to hear about your fiance's news. Nobody wants this but my opinion for the best place to go for surgery is House in LA. Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz. You can send them his MRI for a free consultation. They are quick to respond too. I'm a bit bias because this is where I went. :-)

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:26 pm »
Amanda 616

Since the AN is 1.7 mm, there are other options beside surgery.  That size tumor has very good results with either CK or GK.  The most important thing, is for you to decide which treatment is best for you.

Good Luck
TJ

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 07:55:22 am »
So glad to have found you all!

My Fiance is a 34year old male and was recently diagnosed with AN and his tumor is about 1.7cm. We are getting married in 3 months so this has been a bit of rain on our parade. We are located in Miami, FL but are wondering what the best places in the country are for the surgery?

Thanks in advance!

I do not chime in often but had to with yours I have become friends with a few people who are also in Miami that have AN's....Best advice I can give you is do your research and pick a GREAT experienced team of doctors no matter what course of treatment is chosen. But I highly recommend HEI Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz the latter is the 2nd best surgeon in USA and not sure but I do believe Worldwide as well ... You can send them all the reports and disc and they will gladly give their recommendation via phone and they usually call within a week or so of receiving the documents...Cannot hurt if you do not use them but to get an expert opinion is the good way to start..Also congratulations on your upcoming wedding and these tumors are usually slow growing and it is still fairly small I am sure it is so overwhelming to have to deal with this along with a wedding...But remember these tumors are benign and there are many good outcomes  especially with a great team of surgeons....Thoughts and prayers are with the both of you.

Best Wishes,
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:59:45 am by pjb »
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.