Author Topic: Oticon vs Phonak  (Read 6237 times)

Mei Mei

Oticon vs Phonak
« on: June 28, 2012, 07:11:29 pm »
I tought I would start another link to clear up the differences between the two,   I posed this question to the audiologist that had the highest rating on Angie's list and thought I would share his reply for you to see:

Because you do not wish to have a wireless option, I am trying to decide which which wired CROS will boot st complimentary to your situation, both in terms of form and function.  There really aren't too many choices in that regard, and they will all work fine.   Most likely we will order an Oticon hearing aid with the RITE (receiver  in the ear style speaker.  This will leave with normal passage of air and sound  I also like the reliable and strong connection between the CROS wire and the  hearing aide side.  The only thing really giving me pause is that the hearing aid side and the CROS use a different battery [ This isn't a problem for me}size. However, I still believe that this is a good setup, nonetheless.    The most important for me as I can buy two packages of batter]  However, I still believe that this is a good  set up, nonetheless.  The most important criteria for the hearing aid side,  of course, since it will be on your better ear, is that the gain and output can be carefully controlled to be very gentle and predictable so that your good ear remains safe at all times   Almost any contemporary hearing aide, set properly can do all that.  I will probably   I all probably go with a relatively inexpensive, an Oticon Ino Pro.  You really don't need any more features than this one has,  however i want to go to this level at least, least,  as it  allows the use of bluetooth connections for handsfree phones, tv, and other things.  You may not use these features at the beginning or perhaps ever. but its nice to have that potential if you wish.
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh