Author Topic: Round 3 - Headache medications  (Read 3028 times)

JW123

Round 3 - Headache medications
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:29:29 am »
So this past month has been pretty rough on the head. I have 2 to 3 headaches a day, and very painful long lasting ones at that and not getting much sleep. Anyways, I went to a new neurologist and it was an interesting experience.

I recently moved to South Korea (4 months ago) and I finally decided enough was enough and wanted to attempt to see a neurologist here. After some internet time I found a well known hospital. Had a friend that speaks english and korean help me with the appointment.  They had a nice international center that I checked in with, which gave me a personal translator/guide to take me to the doctor and translate between us.  The neurologist seemed very knowledgeable (from what was translated at least). After about a 20 min conversation I was prescribed 2 weeks worth of 4 medications: Propranolol, Amitriptyline, Flunarizine, and Acetaminophen. In 2 weeks I have an appointment to come back and let them know if I have had any lessened headaches and/or side effects.

After some googling they all pretty much seemed on the up and up and well known for treating Migraines.  Only Flunarizine didn't have to much information. From what I could see it has been around for 25+ years and used for migraine treatment, but beyond that, not to much information. Anyone heard of Flunarizine or have experience with it? 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:46:47 am by JW123 »
Left side VS - 2.0 x 2.7
Retrosigmoid on Oct 17th 2011
Surgery at Mayo Clinic with Dr. Link & Dr. Driscoll
SSD left side, delayed temporary facial weakness, ongoing severe headaches.