Author Topic: Another visit from the Headache Fairy last night...  (Read 3593 times)

jwporter

Another visit from the Headache Fairy last night...
« on: May 11, 2012, 06:15:29 am »
So I've been seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week. He is holistic and really cares about my condition. After seeing him for a couple of weeks, I still had headaches but the night headaches were not as bad, and some nights didn't happen at all.

BUT THEN --

I went on a trip to Minneapolis for a wedding in the middle of my treatment. Because of that, Dr. Jeff had me do 5 sessions in a row since I would be absent for a few days. Aside from some regular headaches (tylenol fixed it) I didn't have any tense ones until the road trip home. Then when we got back the Headache Fair woke me up every night (tense neck pain in back of head shooting to front of head).

The chiropractor said he wasn't too surprised because I was gone for a few days and am also in the middle of my treatment. He said in cases like mine, sometimes the headaches get worse before the get better (something to do with communication between the brain and spine).

It's just getting hard because I haven't been able to work and we just had a baby and we have hospital bills as well. My wife wants to stay home part time but it looks like she'll have to work full time until I am cured from the surgery that was supposed to cure me.

Ugh. Just had to vent. Thanks.

staypoz

Re: Another visit from the Headache Fairy last night...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:52:17 am »
So sorry you had a visit from the Headache Fairy.  I know that driving long distances can affect my pain level because I inadvertently tense up on the road.  And if you had five days in a row of treatment, things might have gotten a little irritated. 

I hope the intervals between headaches increase and their intensity decreases.  Hang in there. 

staypoz