Author Topic: one of those days  (Read 7073 times)

BeckyMax

one of those days
« on: April 11, 2012, 07:36:56 pm »
I'm still dealing with my own emotions, some days I'm absolutely fine, others i feel sorry for myself, I know things could be worse but.....this past year has been so hard.  My husband was in a car accident a year ago and we thought he was getting better, we found out today that he has a torn labrum (shoulder cartlidge).   Poor guy, hes already lost a year to PT and doctors, was looking forward to having his life back.  Looks like surgery is in the future for him.  Just seems like one thing after the other.
7mm x 5 mm Left AN, diagnosed 2/9/12
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Re: one of those days
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 04:55:17 pm »
As you probably already know, you are going to have days that you are up and those that you feel terrible.  Your situation is harder as the one that is suppose to support you is having his own problems.  Only thing I can offer is that tomorrow hopefully will be brighter for both of you.

Best wishes
TJ

Ned

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 05:36:15 pm »
I am so sorry you are going through this, but the sun will shine.  When I was first diagnosed my wife was dealing with her mother who had a major stroke, a teenager with some severe emotional issues regarding all the family dynamics.  You will have good days and bad ones, savor the good days.

Ned
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm

BeckyMax

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 07:22:06 pm »
Thanks, today was a better day.  My son also has some emotional issues, but we've been dealing with that for 12 years so that's nothing new.  We'll get 2 opinions on his surgery then get it scheduled as soon as possible since his company is closing his location in august, the current word is that he can continue working for them from home once they close, but I fear they will change their mind so we plan and prepare.

Got to get out for a girls night with my sister, aunt and nieces tonight, much needed, loved it!
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 11:06:54 pm »
Dear Becky,

Sometimes it has been too much to bear for us! It's so true we just come here and let off steam for a bit. Life doesn't stop just because we have these little hitchickers no it just makes it harder to cope and slow down ourselves while dealing with these bothersome distractions that buzz inside our heads! It's downright infuriating!! Sometimes I want to pull it out and just stamp on it, wish that it was so simple! But no I have to wait, and wait!

I have to juggle "IRV" and a. Collegegraduation and my aging parents and open a pool, attend a wedding,  while people go about their lives!

I was just minding my own business trying to live my life when it had to grow again and mess it all up again!

So, yes it does do good to have a safe place to talk about it, the sheer lunacy of it ruining our lives again this way or we can face up to it, hold each other up and encourage one another to go forward carefully weighing our options as we have a variety of them now. I can remeber a time before when I did not have any options that was before the surgery became well known. My doctor reminds me of that time he describes as the stone age of brain surgery!

Look at me, I am one of the survivors of that time. Look at how far brain surgery has come in 40 years! It is remarkable! Just think how far it will come in 10 years! I have hope!
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 03:03:09 pm »
Becky -

we all have days like that; it's part of life.

Hang in there, you'll get through it!

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

BeckyMax

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 09:27:12 pm »
The ups and downs are tough, there is a strong history of bipolar disorder in my family and I worry that the stress of this AN will trigger it in me.  My tinnitus flared up big time last night, and hearing loss has gotten worse at the same time.  I'm hanging in there though, my husband will have shoulder surgery in the next month or so, then we can relax again....and wait.
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 12:48:12 pm »
Dear Becky,

I will pray for you and your husband. Remember, God doesn't give us anything we can't handle! Keep the faith!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 01:13:16 am »
Howdy Becky

I found that deep breathing helped me get through some of my toughest days.
Take just 2 minutes to sit down and breathe in deeply through your nose and slowly out through your mouth.  Do this 3 times and then shake yourself a little and get up and do something. Anything will do.  Washing up, dusting, taking the dog for a walk........... anything at all.

Come here as you're doing and vent too.  This site has been a haven for me to come to when I need inspiring to do better, be better, and have better.

Cyberhugs coming your way (((((((Becky)))))))

Best wishes to you and your hubby,
Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

BeckyMax

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:33 pm »
The responses, both public and private, bring tears to my eyes (could also be the prednisone) ;D.  I am so blessed to have found this site and to find others who can relate.

Last night I decided to backtrack on a blog that I had started about 2 weeks after being diagnosed.  I've found so many stories that helped me in my decision to choose watch and wait, I hope that I can also assist others.  Writing the blog helped alot, and I hope that if my family reads it they too will understand what I am going through.  Although I havent yet shared the link with them, I'm still debating, I'll share it with you guys.  Feel free to read if you like and comment if you like as well.

Thanks to everyone for being there!  Love you all!  (May be the prednisone again!) lol ;D

http://anbecca.blogspot.com/

Becky
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 01:35:30 am »
All for one and one for all!

Together we're a pack of fighters.  ;D

I'll have a read of your blog, Becky.  Thankyou for the link.  I might put mine here one day  :P

Cheers,
Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12