Author Topic: Doctor tomorrow and HIGH ANXIETY!  (Read 7377 times)

Suu

• Better out than in.
Re: Doctor tomorrow and HIGH ANXIETY!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 12:00:25 am »
Thanks Kelly.  I didn't even have a follow-up appointment with the neurosurgeon and that was 18 months ago.
I see my ENT more often as he's 'rebuilding' me LOL  I'll ask him next month if I can have another MRI and see what he says.
I'm 57 years young.

Regards,
Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

Shoeydo

• Shoeydo
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 02:20:41 pm »
I am 4 months post-op retrosigmoid resection of AN and I'm having an MRI next week.  My Dr. left 5% of the tumor because I had scar tissue from previous radiation.  He said he couldn't take all of the tumor without causing facial paralysis.  My concern is.....what if this tumor starts growing again. Do I have the option of going for radiation again?  I have not done well psychologically even though I have no paralysis.  I am totally deaf in my left ear; I do have problems with taste and smell; and, I have a difficult time with keeping my balance.  I sure don't want another surgery. Thank goodness for this website!!!
69 year old female Diagnosed Sept., 2006
Fractionated radiation 1.5 cm AN 4/09;
Retrosigmoid surgery 2.5 cm AN 2/12
Skull Base Institute Los Angeles, CA
Dr Shahinian

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 04:05:36 pm »
Hi - and welcome ~

As a non-physician, it's my opinion that the tumor probably won't grow again after being both radiated and resected.  Still, the possibility of re-growth cannot be completely ruled out.  That being the case, your question is best answered by a doctor familiar with your medical history.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 04:53:40 pm »
I am 4 months post-op retrosigmoid resection of AN and I'm having an MRI next week.  My Dr. left 5% of the tumor because I had scar tissue from previous radiation.  He said he couldn't take all of the tumor without causing facial paralysis.  My concern is.....what if this tumor starts growing again. Do I have the option of going for radiation again?  I have not done well psychologically even though I have no paralysis.  I am totally deaf in my left ear; I do have problems with taste and smell; and, I have a difficult time with keeping my balance.  I sure don't want another surgery. Thank goodness for this website!!!

Just wanted to say that you are not alone no matter what procedure was done when you hear that some of the AN was left behind it is only human to worry some are lucky with no facial paralysis but most of us has same or similar issues yet there are a few with only SSD...

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.