Author Topic: Not feeling so overwhelmed  (Read 4429 times)

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
Not feeling so overwhelmed
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:37:39 pm »
Walked into the Cyberknife Center near my house today, received a private tour, talked with the people for almost an hour.  Kevin showed me what they use to form the masks and then how the mask is used.  He answered a lot of my questions and referred me to a radiologist that he knows that does acoustic neuromas.  He also explained the difference between GK and CK.  We spoke a little about Novalis.

I told him it was much better / different hearing it from a person than researching on-line.  Oh, he also gave me references to a website of the manufacturer of the equipment.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do but at least I don't feel so panicie any more.

He asked me if I was a member the local ANA support group; he had nothing but good things to say about Dave.   ;)

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Re: Not feeling so overwhelmed
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:58 pm »
Doing your homework and the research needed is one of the biggest steps in the decision process.  Once you have all the information to process you will be able to make the right choice for you.  Once you make it the rest will go easier for you.  You just have to feel comfortable with what you decide.

Your on your journey, best of luck

TJ

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
Re: Not feeling so overwhelmed
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 05:58:38 am »
Thanks, TJ.  Even Kevin at the center said basically what you did.  I'm starting to feel like I'm in control of the situation instead of the situation being in control of me.   ;)

A week from tomorrow is my second MRI anxious to hear the results of that so I can move on with whatever it might be. 

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back