Author Topic: D Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MRI TODAY  (Read 48210 times)

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: D Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MRI TODAY
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2012, 08:11:38 am »
Thanks and I am trying to cut back on my salt which I haven't used regular salt in 30 yrs but I am trying to get back on the Lite Salt I do use.  Also he thinks the hearing loss most of it is perm by now, but I am at a stand still with the same symptoms and hearing loss waiting to get a allergy test to see what I am allergic to because that may be making it worse but I don't have insurance and they want the money upfront so the Scheduler at the Dr's office is trying to find help so we wait and nothing has changed.   My case has never been even close to typical for Meniere's normally people have an attack for a few days to a week, mine has been 6 months now and progressive so they I don't think know what to do with me LOL

Ry

My coworker was the same way was bad for many months finally got herself down to the lowest possible salt intact I forgot the numbers and religiously kept to it and finally starting feeling a little better it did take time but if you do not read all labels for salt/sodium content because you cannot believe the things that have salt in it so now read read read is the key in getting it under control. Also try Vestibular Therapy I believe that is good for Meniere's disease as well as an AN.

Best Wishes,
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:13:48 am by pjb »
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

crv1200

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2012, 10:25:16 pm »
pjb,
   The DR is so convinced that allergies is making it so much worse and that's the next step but I do not have the money to pay for the testing upfront without insurance so until I can find some help I am at a standstill and very depressed and frustrated.

crv1200

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2012, 10:29:57 pm »
Crazycat I knew you just joking and it made me laugh which I needed that day.   Meniere's Disease is a chronic disease, some people have it much worse than others and most only last a few days at a time or a week.   My case attack has been since November last year so my case it not your normal case and my DR has never had someone like me.  I just hope I don't go insane from the noise in my ear because at times I feel I am going to lose it.

Ray

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2012, 11:25:22 am »
That stinks with the insurance hoping you can find help with that some doctors, hospitals will work with people and see what government help you can try for .... All else fails still go for the test even if you pay a $5.00 a week or a month you are still showing good faith and you want to be paying them there is nothing they can do. I did that in my job we let people pay us a little at a time and they were very grateful for that and they did finally pay it some places still have compassion. One minister still writes to me thanking me that I understood and waited for his payment sends me cards every year..remember your health comes first! Just thought with my friend with the severe Meniere's disease she has a cyst on the brain that has been stable for many years wondering if that is a connection ?.. You wonder why some people get certain things and others do not there has to be a common bond amongst certain illnesses and why some genius should be able to figure it out by now??

Best Wishes
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »

Ray:

With my experience in the medical-field, I'm sure if you stay on the quest to "pay in good faith" you can get treatment regarding the allergy issue.  (or help getting government assistance)  The key is, you must stay "hot on the search and project."  I know it is tough---I've been through it myself. 

Palace

22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2012, 11:13:38 pm »
Ray,

I'm sorry you're in a tough spot with the insurance coverage. I wish I could suggest or offer an easy solution. I don't know what to say.

5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

crv1200

« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2012, 08:25:38 pm »
Thanks All!  I have a host of medical issues other than my ear I've mentioned and need at least 3 surgeries that are being put off and maybe another hernia where they did the abdominal wall reconstruction in 2010 so all of this currently and over the last 12 yrs has and is taking a toll on me.  Depression and anxiety attacks have gotten much much worse.   I am just a mess right now LOL.. I need help

Ray

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2012, 07:23:17 am »
Ray:

1. Perhaps you take samE if it's Okay by your doctors.

2. Not getting hooked on addicting meds and do Yoga, if you aren't already.

3. Take one day at at time like all of us AN people, although you're on this sight and have other issues.

4. Do something special for yourself daily and true, monies seem to solve some stress issues---work on that one.

5.  As for the financial issues; it's not so easy in these "difficult political times" however, being creative helps.

6.  The art/craft of music helps, I'm sure.

7.  Back to solving monetary issues to help your heath might be your best target to ease "panic attacks and worry."

8.  I've been on my own since my 19th birthday and know entrepreneur ways to "get-by" and pay the bills.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:20:05 pm by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness