Author Topic: Me again sorry...Anyone here from Canada ?? Im from Montreal....  (Read 2345 times)

tatianne

Im from Montreal Quebec and Im wondering if anyone else on here is from my area.
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Kathleen_Mc

Re: Me again sorry...Anyone here from Canada ?? Im from Montreal....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:22:46 pm »
I am from just outside Toronto, did you know there is a Canadian message board and association (just for added support) it's ANAC? The message board is not as active as this, nor does it have the unusual "pirate" business.
Kathleen

1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

tatianne

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:47:45 am »
yes i saw the the cdn message boar.
Im so happy that there is alt least one person here from Canada ;)
Tks for your repley
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

jacobs

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:33:10 pm »

Hi Tatianne,I live in Toronto.Have you found a support group in Montreal?The ANAC website might be able to help you with that info if you need it.I went to a few meetings here before I went into surgery and found it quite helpful to actually meet people who had gone through the same thing.(just walking in and seeing everyone alive was my biggest relief at the time...)
 I just went through surgery in April and if you want to chat then let me know and I will give you my email.My french is pretty much nonexistent though.Went through school before french immersion started...

Tracey
Translab April 24,2006 3.5x2.5cm
Sunnybrook Hospital,Toronto.Dr.Chen&Dr.Perusmen
Left side facial paralysis,gold weight in eyelid &"deaf on the left"
now I'm a true canadian...EH?

antoinette

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 08:49:31 pm »
Hi Tracey,
Did you get your surgery in Toronto?
I live there too, as well as a few ex-patients who had either surgery or radiation treatment. Everyone is doing well and busy.
My e mail is readily available if you need anything. I have always missed the ANAC meetings but I will be there next time, on Spadina.
Get in touch.
antoinette