Author Topic: A piece of my childhood is gone... Davy Jones (Monkees), RIP  (Read 2258 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
A piece of my childhood is gone... Davy Jones (Monkees), RIP
« on: February 29, 2012, 03:37:38 pm »
When he passed away today, so did a piece of my childhood.  What fond memories of his voice and yes.... funky antics on the Monkees.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/monkees-singer-davy-jones-dead-66-180151703.html

"Davy Jones of the Monkees has died of an apparent heart attack at age 66. The singer, who had been on a solo tour this month, complained of chest pains last evening and was admitted to a hospital this morning in Stuart, Florida."

Davy, may you rest in peace... and thank you for the songs...... and the smiles.... you "Daydream Believer" :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: A piece of my childhood is gone... Davy Jones (Monkees), RIP
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 03:45:53 pm »
Condolences to Davy Jones family (wife and 2 girls).  He definitely was taken too soon.

As a former 'Top 40' radio DJ I played Monkees records many times and always enjoyed them.

Jones' death at 66 (3 years my junior) makes one realize that life is not infinite and that, in a sense, we are all on 'borrowed time' and so, should make the most - of it in a positive way - while we can.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:00:55 pm »
My very first album was the Monkees...never missed the tv show...had such a crush on him!  Hated to hear about his death today...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:27:01 pm »
I`m "In Tune" with everyone here from that era... Alot of good memories, RIP condolences, Mickey

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:09:20 pm »
We used to watch the Monkees when my dad wasn't around and my mom had a crush on Davy Jones ... Dad hated anything musical
that wasn't Bluegrass or Country and especially ones with "silly , stoopid names "

RIP Davy Jones
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery