Author Topic: Doubts and Fears Sorry!  (Read 5024 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Doubts and Fears Sorry!
« on: February 22, 2012, 07:39:28 am »
To Everybody,

Sorry for burdening you, but as I'm researching options I came across a talk given by Dr K. At the 2011 ANA Symposium re: Radiosurgical Treatment Gamma Knife vs. Cyber Knife .

I am concerned because, in my particular case, I have had surgery before for unrelated AVM's on top of my brain, never the less, there are those 70+ clips left from the 1973 surgery. As if that weren't enough!

Now, I have to worry about a recurrent AN that keeps growing which I have had trimmed down in 2004. Fine! God doesn't give us anything we can't handle!

My pointed question is this: Are there any risks in handling it radio surgically as opposed to just going in and doing another surgery? What are the risks? Time? Therapy?Facial function?Quality of Life?Quantity of Life?

I realize that I haven't listened to all the presentations yet, but for those of you that were there at the 2011 Symposium does it get any better?

The resources of the ANA are so far great! So far I have been listening to audio recordings on CD.

Keep searching for answers!

Mike

Asking questions that appear to have been unanswered so far.

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Doubts and Fears Sorry!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 08:58:16 am »
Hi Mike
I don't know if you have talked to Dr. Medberry http://patientforum.cksociety.org/
That is where you can go to ask questions about cyberknife. He might be able to help you. I don't know if you had sent your scans out to places such as House or other respected surgeons to get opinions.

I hope what little information I have could help you.
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

MDemisay

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 10:36:13 am »
Thank you, Mindy. Dr.Sisti has not answered me yet, I sent him a letter indicating my reservations with Gamma Knife. A subject which I hadn't fully thought out or explored. I am thinking about sending my scans to a number of Docs recommended by people here Drs. Haas, Kondoluska, Chang and now Medburry but have done nothing yet as I was waiting for Dr. Sisti to get back to me.

I am not thrilled with his lack of response, I will request

4or 5 additional CT scan copies from my local facility..

Mike

What do you think? Thank you for your recommendation.
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 10:39:56 am »
I think that is a great idea sending out your scans. I would not wait for a repsonse. He may be out of the office so give Mr. Sisti the benefit of the doubt. Are you only leaning toward Gamma? Dr. Medberry I believe only does CK. Don't quote me. He is wonderful and very well respected. Keep us posted with the responses you get. I am curious to know.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

MDemisay

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 10:44:32 am »
I shall Mindy! My thanks to you!

Mike

MDemisay

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 02:07:01 pm »
Mindy,

Thanks for your concern about Dr. Sisti, I will give Dr. Medberry a call but I was wondering do you have his email would you mind giving it to me by PM?

Thanks again. Have a nice pain free weekend!

Mike