Author Topic: Got my certificate and Mardi Gras mask...  (Read 1827 times)

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
Got my certificate and Mardi Gras mask...
« on: February 09, 2012, 01:30:00 pm »
...as I am now finished with 28 sessions of FSR using the TRILOGY system at MCV. It was not a difficult experience, but I did end up suffering from daily nausea, minor headaches, and some fatigue. Staff were basically wonderful all around. First follow-up MRI in May and then the longer wait begins.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

-Tod

PS - actually, I am not sure I can use this mask for mardi Gras...kind of stresses me just to look at it. And the idea of putting it on again is kind of a non-starter. ;-)
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Got my certificate and Mardi Gras mask...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:43:18 pm »
Tod ~

Congratulations - from a fellow FSR veteran.  I'm glad you're finished but sorry you experience the side effects.  I was fortunate enough to not have any of those, which was a pleasant surprise.  Well, now you're done.  My follow-up MRI scans (4 in two years post-FSR) showed the beginnings of both necrosis and shrinkage.  I trust you'll have similar results. 

As for the mask, I left it at the radiation facility and never thought about it again.  You may want to do the same.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 01:45:40 pm »
Tod
Yipee you officially a postie...again  ;). Go out and have yourself a margarita or if your like me a beer.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

alabamajane

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:52:44 pm »
Congratulations TOD,, you have come  through treatment once again,,, let's hope for the last time! Good for you,, I have good thoughts and vibes coming your way for excellent recovery... so sorry for the side effects, maybe they will subside quickly..

As for the mask,, I have never had one mind you,, I am sure it does not elicit wonderful memories,, but HEY,, It is Mardi Gras down here,,, LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!!!! ( Let the good times roll....) I am pretty sure we can find something to "hang" your mask on as you celebrate "delivering" yourself from it!!! Come on down to MOBILE and party with us for the next week and a half non stop,, .....................just trying to give you something to think about and bring a smile to your face!!

Best of luck to you Tod,, you are our inspiration!
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26