Author Topic: cost of Phonak hearing aid  (Read 114810 times)

Archer

Re: cost of Phonak hearing aid
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 06:38:59 pm »
The understanding I have from my audiologist is that the full cost of the system, if insurance does not pay, is $2,850. 

I'm going to have to shop around.  Sounds like quite a deal to me.

leeclinton

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 07:46:01 pm »

I'm going to have to shop around.  Sounds like quite a deal to me.

I encourage you to contact the Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville, Missouri's Audiology Dept. 573.547.2536.  That is where I got mine!
3.3 cm AN removal Jan. 2012

Archer

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 08:41:16 am »
I encourage you to contact the Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville, Missouri's Audiology Dept. 573.547.2536.  That is where I got mine!

The audiologist I saw was located 150 miles from my home.  He encouraged me to find a dealer closer to home if I went ahead.  He said there would be a few trips to have the fine tuning done and follow ups.  Being from North Dakota, I think I'll need to find someone closer than Missouri but I do appreciate the referral.   ;)

This brings up the question of how often for how long do you need to go back to get the CROS all tuned up? 

Paul F

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 11:13:21 am »
I only had to go back once.  The new software is really good and is programed using your hearing chart.
Paul

leeclinton

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 12:43:13 pm »
My was tuned-up perfectly the first visit.  I had an appt for the following week, but no further adjustments were needed.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 10:11:19 pm »
Those that already have the Phonak CROS...what is the name of your actual device?  My audiologist ordered me the Cassia (I think petite size)
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

leeclinton

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 02:20:25 pm »
Mine is the Audeo Model.  My good ear works great, so I don't need any bells and whistles.  It works great!

Paul F

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 10:43:30 am »
Mine is also Audio S.  I think that is Phonak's base hearing aid, nothing special but it works great.
Paul

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 01:06:24 pm »
So these are not the Cros or the bi-Cros?
Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

Paul F

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 01:50:11 pm »
Dale, the hearing aid side is what we are naming here.  The Cros will work with many hearing aids.  Yes, we are talking about the Bi-Cros.  The Cros unit is always the same.
Paul

Mei Mei

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 09:07:51 am »
So expensive isn't necessarily better.   A scarf from the dollar store will work just as well as one from Gucci's
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Paul F

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 11:54:10 am »
Not really Mei Mei,
The reason for this is that the better hearing side may need help and its the amount of help which will determine which aid is best for that person.  The nice thing about the Cros is that the software programs both units to work together no matter which aid you end up with.  The aid can be a BTE or ITE as well.  In my case, I had no choice in the combination since it was supplied by the VA so I ended up with just a basic class of aid, not a more expensive one.  Works good for me.
Paul

mk

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 02:30:10 pm »
I am also interested in getting the Cros aid. I got a prescription today for the Audio Smart and got three different quotes. I found out that in Canada the Ontario government provides $500 towards the cost of the aid. This is separate of any other benefits from insurance coverage at work.
The prices I was quoted ranged from $1,670 to $2,600. Some quotes include a 3 year supply of batteries and some not.
I am trying to figure out if it is worthwhile to pay more to have a battery package included. For those of you who have been using the Cros, approximately what is your monthly (or yearly) cost in batteries?

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

Ross

• Ross
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 06:58:47 am »
I am trying to figure out if it is worthwhile to pay more to have a battery package included. For those of you who have been using the Cros, approximately what is your monthly (or yearly) cost in batteries?
Marianna - My audiologist provides batteries for 4 years, plus gave me the Zephyr store & dry machine.  Here's how I calculate the costs:  $.25/battery (Costco price-see link below).  If you use your aids pretty regularly over the course of a day, the batteries will last around 2 days, 3 days, tops.  The cost to replace both batteries is $.50 with a range of 2.3x-3.5x per week.  Over 4 years that cost range is $245-$365.  With the cost of the Zephyr, add another $80.

$1670 sounds incredibly cheap.  My transmitter alone cost $1000.  If it's the real deal Phonak equipment, I'd say that is a very good deal even without batteries!  Wished I lived in Canada :-)

http://shop.costco.com/en/In-The-Warehouse/Hearing-Aid-Center/Batteries.aspx
AN, 9 MM
Radiation Treatment, February 2009
Hearing loss in right ear, July 2009

Paul F

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 03:07:18 pm »
My batteries are supplied to me by the VA at no cost to me.  Both my Cros and Hearing aid use the same size battery, the 312.  I wish they had used a better choice because I only get 2 days out of them.  That means I am going thru a battery a day which can be a pain, you always have to have a supply close by.  That's about the only draw back I have on the Phonak Cros.
Paul