Author Topic: Finally getting MRI...  (Read 2589 times)

b28

Finally getting MRI...
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:54:12 pm »
Well people, my health insurance finally kicked in and I'm getting my MRI tomorrow that I've been waiting for over a month past when my doctor wanted it done.  It seems like it's been longer than that b/c I've been so worried and my doctor didn't want me to wait any longer than ten days after my appointment which was Nov. 15th.   I've been so worried but now that it's actually happening it's kind of like a whole new set of feelings. Part of me really thinks I have an AN and try to prepare myself for the news but I then I also try to tell my self it's probably not and just try to stay level headed. I just really wonder sometimes b/c I have so many of the symptoms and go through alot of the exact same experiences and feelings of some of you guys. It's like "oh my gosh, that is exactly how I feel or that is exactly what happens to me" , things that other people don't understand. Well, wish me luck.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Finally getting MRI...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 03:28:31 pm »
b28 ~

I wish you an MRI session that is uneventful and produces a report that rules out an acoustic neuroma as the cause of your symptoms.  However, should the MRI show an acoustic neuroma is present, we'll be here to support you in whatever way we can.  Good luck!  :)

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Susan A

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 04:37:40 pm »
b28 - hope all went well today. Do let us know the outcome!
2011 8 x 7 mm AN, & 20 x 22 mm M found, both on the left. Mosaic NF2 diagnosed. Some hearing loss
2014 hearing 30% on left, now using hearing aid (HA)
2015 Now have CROS HA - no longer hear enough for HA to be useful in AN ear
2016 Use an FM system on occasion at work to supplement HA

b28

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 07:05:44 pm »
Thank you Jim and Susan. Unfortunately it unexpectedly got moved back a week b/c my doc's office hadn't completed the preauthorization yet. It was a big let down.

Susan A

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:05:19 am »
Aargh - how frustrating! Better to change the date than to have deal with bills because it wasn't properly authorized though - MRIs are pricey!
2011 8 x 7 mm AN, & 20 x 22 mm M found, both on the left. Mosaic NF2 diagnosed. Some hearing loss
2014 hearing 30% on left, now using hearing aid (HA)
2015 Now have CROS HA - no longer hear enough for HA to be useful in AN ear
2016 Use an FM system on occasion at work to supplement HA

b28

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 07:28:57 pm »
Still haven't got it done. Having problems with insurance approving it. Grr