Author Topic: New update on Gennysmom  (Read 8916 times)

matti

New update on Gennysmom
« on: July 19, 2006, 08:19:58 pm »
Kathleen/Gennysmom was admitted back to the hospital for a CSF leak today. She had her surgery 2 weeks ago. She noticed fluid draining down the back of her throat as well as from her nose.  She has a lumbar drain in place. She is hanging in there. I talked with her yesterday and the dizziness was getting a little better each day.

Please send all of your positive thoughts and prayers so that she can get back home and continue her recovery.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: New update on Gennysmom
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 09:43:46 pm »
Hi all:

Thanks Cheryl! You rawk, as usual!

I did speak to her a few times tonight... even with ellenvig (who I got to meet tonight) and rockerdudeCrazyKat/Paul... she sounds tired, a bit frustrated (to be expected) but hanging in there... the did drain (at that point) approx 20cc of fluid and was changing the CSF bag when I was last on with her. Sounds like she'll be in the hospital for a few days (she's hoping to get out by this weekend as she needs to be home with her pals....).  Sounds like our Kathleen!

HUGGLES GIRLY FROM THE TERRIFIC COAST! YOUR COAST STILL STINKS! ;)  :-* :-* :-*

xoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Raydean

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 04:41:05 pm »
I just talked to kathleen and our BEST COAST GIRL is doing as well as can be expected.  I think she's dissapointed that they plan on keeping her till Saturday or Sunday.  So positive thoughts, hugs and chocolate cake is needed. Boy she stayed on top of her symptoms, made the call and had the doctors staying right on top of things,.  Boy, I'm proud of our best coast gal. She researched, educated herself and made all the right calls.

Anyway we all "gots" to help to get this girl back home to her Gennygirl.  So send those good thoughts and prayers her way!!! 

Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

matti

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 06:06:32 pm »
Thanks for the update Raydean :-* 

Keeping my fingers crossed that the leak heals on it's own. We need to get her back home quickly

hugs,
Cheryl
Life is great at 50

nannettesea

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 07:21:28 pm »
Thanks, Cheryl and Raydean-
I want to call her in hospital, but don't know if that would be too much for her.
Hoping she gets through without another trip into surgery.
thoughts and prayers,
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 08:08:37 pm »
We have a public rally for gennysmom down under. The whole of Sydney is wishing ya the best.

Laz,
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 12:08:18 am »
So sorry to hear of Gennysmom's new problem.  That's discouraging, but this too shall pass and be a distant memory soon, I'm sure.  Hang in there, kiddo....We, of the cheer squad, are doing our best to get you through this.   

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 05:23:05 am »
The "bad" coast girl is amazing! So self educated, so strong in mind and spirit.  The fantastic coast is cheering her on (except for the fact I no long fit in my cheerleading outfit... sorry Laz!)

FEEL BETTER KATHLEEN!!!!
xoxox
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 07:00:35 am »
GO TEAM GO,
LET'S PLUG THAT LEAK!
WE WANT OUR GENNYSMOM
HOME THIS WEEK!!!!!

a cheer from
Capt Deb!
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 11:37:45 am »
Just spoke to Kathleen.  She didn't sound so good... issues going on (ie: vomiting and such). She will remain in the hospital over the weekend and the drain is continuing at a consistent level to help with the pressure. Keeping our fingers crossed that it does the trick so they don't have to re-open her.  I tried to cheer her up about my "inflatable toy" in my McD's Pirates happy meal... a small giggle I got from her.  I gave her all of our thoughts, wishes, huggles and any other goodness I could send her way.

Will check in with her again tomorrow.....

Kathleen.... not only are you so missed out here.... but know that my love and respect for you, your courage and mostly, your inner strength grew even more 10-fold than it already was  .... and that was a LOT!!!!!!!!!!  Hang in there hun.

xoxo
Phyl

Raydean

Re: New New 7-21 update on Gennysmom
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 08:50:56 pm »
Ok Decatron or not Phyl you got to hop into your cheerleader outfit.  Our BEST COAST Girl needs some major cheering on (and some chocolate cake) I spoke to her friend at the hospital and the drain for the CSF leak came loose enough that it wasn't draining.  kathleen had fluid comming out the nose again.  So she's back to square one.  They're reinsering the drain thing as I type this.  This setback means she'll be hospitalized till midweek now.  Not the best of news, but on the otherhand knowing Kathleen she'll come thru this and have some stories to share with us.

But prayers, positive thoughts, huggles, beanie farts are all welcomed, Whatever it takes to get our best coast girl back home!!!!  Gennygirl is missing her Mommy!

Hugs to all
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 11:25:59 am »
Well, Guess the pirate sox go back on the feet for a while!--kinda like them pink ribbons and red ribbons folks wear. We all know Kathleen is gonna get through this and come out feisty as ever!!
Thinking of Gennysmom all day again,
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 11:13:36 pm »
any update today? I wasn't able to phone today for update.... gawd, this is just unreal and sending more blessing and Beanie farts than she can sputter out!

I miss Kathleen... I need her well. :(

Phyl

matti

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 11:35:40 pm »
I was hesitant to call today because I know yesterday was a tough one for her. Not sure what to do, but am sending her e-mails through the hospital's website.

I miss her too and feeling really sad

hugs,
Cheryl
Life is great at 50

Raydean

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 04:43:02 am »
I called yesterday Saturday and talked to her friend yesterday was a difficult day all around.  But the drain  thing is working.  kathleen had extremely nausea.  I usually just talk to Carol and for a short time. I don't want to be a bother.  So more good thoughts and prayers are needed.  She'll be home soon, this is just a speed bump,  Gotta believe!

raydean