Author Topic: Two Weeks out - Nausea/Vomitting  (Read 3482 times)

jwporter

Two Weeks out - Nausea/Vomitting
« on: November 29, 2011, 01:55:49 pm »
I have another question.

It's been two weeks since the surgery and I am experiencing nausea. I was also vomiting alot last week and it cleared up over the weekend. However, I went for a 30 minute car ride and vomited right when I got into my parents house. Then, a couple hours later my parent's Maltese (small dog) sat on my stomach and I threw up again. Then after lunch I felt okay, but still a little nauseous. Has anyone else experienced this?

I had a sensitive stomach prior to surgery (minor reflux), but I never had nausea. This is very frustrating.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Two Weeks out - Nausea/Vomitting
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:17:11 pm »
Hi, JW ~

I'm not a physician and so I won't attempt to diagnose the cause of your nausea but it could be related to your AN surgery.  I suggest you contact your doctor and try to ascertain his/her medical opinion and possible remedy for this distressing situation.  Please let us know the results.  Thanks.

Jim   
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mdobson

Re: Two Weeks out - Nausea/Vomitting
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 04:43:33 pm »
Jwporter - Wondering how your vomiting and nausea is doing? I’m 1 week post op and throw up and experience nausea when I was tapered off steroids and Dramamine. Let me know if you have any advice or suggestions!