Author Topic: blurred vision  (Read 3778 times)

lee

• awareness
blurred vision
« on: July 19, 2006, 07:04:44 am »
hi guys - woke up this morning w/ blurred vision in my left eye. i'm the newbie that has a very small tumor 2x3 mm and it has caused bell's and dizziness. dizziness left in apx 4 wks, dizziness is w/ me 24/7. docs. aren't positive it's an an or an inflammation of the 7th/8th cranial nerve or a vacicular tumor. waiting for 2nd mri 8/31 to see any growth, non growth, or shrinkage. have been on steriods for a month. feeling large and in charge.  sooooooo. . . .i'm concerned now w/ this blurred vision. does any pro out there have any thoughts or recommendations??  besides call my neurologist and o-tology doc.???

any feedback humbly, gratefully appreciated. . . lee
lee
2x3mm an
symptoms:dizziness/dull headache/bell's (4 wks)subsided
steriods/waiting/another mri 8/31/06

amymeri

Re: blurred vision
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 07:20:16 am »
Hi Lee

There are a lot of cranial nerves in the same "zip code" as an AN (my NS phrase!).  Is is possible that your AN has affected the nerves that control your eyes, or that the 7th (facial) nerve paralysis (causing the Bells) is causing enough dryness to get blurred vision, or that the Bell's dry eye is causing damage to the cornea causing a cataract? 

About decadron (steroid) From Rxlist.com  Ophthalmic: Exophthalmos, glaucoma, increased intraocular pressure, posterior subcapsular cataracts.

I will be interested to see what the docs say, but if they don't know about the blurred vision I would tell them ASAP.

Good Luck!!!!

Amy

Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

lee

• awareness
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 08:29:06 am »
thanks amy - i did have blurred vision w/ the bell's for that very reason, dry eye. however, now that the bell's has sunbsuded, i'm able to completely shut my eye and blink normally(i guess thanks to the prednisone) and God. ironically i have poison ivy and had to go to the dr to get a steriod shot and steriod creme. i have it bad. i think the shot was something that started w/ a d. . . ? wonder if that has anything to do w/ it - never connected the 2. just called my dr.  thank you and will let you know how it plays out. i do feel pressure in my left eye also, almost like it's swollen, but it's not.  go figure. . . fun stuff. did i mention i'm on vacation w/ my family down in north carolina : )
lee
2x3mm an
symptoms:dizziness/dull headache/bell's (4 wks)subsided
steriods/waiting/another mri 8/31/06

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 09:21:54 am »
Lee,
Have you called your optomatrist/opthalmologist on this?  I ran into major dry eye 2 weeks ago, immediately got in and he looked at my eyes via scope. Just a thought as well.

Hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tony

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 10:51:46 am »
Yes - with the Vision thing, always get it checked
there are 3 to a dozen reasons why it could happen
best regards
Tony

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 06:08:36 pm »
I have blurred vision in my AN/dry eye all the time (even when i wear my glasses).  The optomoligist says it's from not producing enough tears and me not being able to blink all the way to make a new tear film over my eye.
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois