Author Topic: 2nd MRI Scheduled for Oct 26  (Read 3045 times)

Ellen K

2nd MRI Scheduled for Oct 26
« on: October 18, 2011, 02:12:58 pm »
Hi All:  To recap: I have the tiny princess and the pea tumor - just the littlest tumor was really affecting my quality of life through vertigo, dizziness (that constant car sick feeling) and more lately, a few facial issues.  My doctor said I should wait one year for my second MRI, given how small the tumor was last December at diagnosis.  Grrr!

So the good news is that I managed to have my second MRI moved up from December 2011 to next week!  And the really good news is that I feel FANTASTIC.  The physical therapy and exercise for dizziness/balance have helped dramatically.  Yes folks - no dizziness!  No car sick feeling!  Minimal balance issues! Minimal ear fullness!  The facial issues have receded.  I am dearly hoping that the result next week will be no change.

If there has been no growth, I'll be a Watch and Wait Poster (Middle-Aged) Child.  It's been a good two years of slogging through symptoms and exercises and diet changes (sometimes followed, sometimes um, not), but time and healthy nerve compensation really have worked wonders for me.  Of course, I know that could change at any time, but hopefully I can maintain this quality of life with the bugger in there, stupid and dormant.  I'm keeping up a diet of steady chocolate, rock and roll, and positive thinking til then.
I will of course let you know the results.  Please keep fingers and toes crossed.
- Ellen
3mm diagnosed December 2010 when I was 45. Very unusual presentation - severe vertigo, then dizziness daily, now just occasional dizziness, but it can be debilitating some days. No hearing loss! But yes to ear fullness and wonky brain. Watch and wait.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 2nd MRI Scheduled for Oct 26
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 03:48:17 pm »
Ellen ~

Congratulations on your splendid improvement!  You have my thoughts and prayers for a 'stable' MRI report.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Ellen K

Re: Update - 2nd MRI Scheduled for Oct 26
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 12:20:52 pm »
 :D  GREAT NEWS!  MRI shows NO GROWTH!!!!  Thanks to all who have provided support over the past year - your advice and kind words have been incredibly helpful. 
So I am entering Year 2 Watch and Wait and hoping to make it to Year 50.
Just a note that I had a pretty awful MRI experience - it took them six tries and three nurses to get the IV in me.  Blech.  I will no longer heed their directions not to drink much water before the MRI; I think I was dehydrated.
Doing the happy dance inside (in my office cubicle)
Ellen
3mm diagnosed December 2010 when I was 45. Very unusual presentation - severe vertigo, then dizziness daily, now just occasional dizziness, but it can be debilitating some days. No hearing loss! But yes to ear fullness and wonky brain. Watch and wait.

New girl

Re: 2nd MRI Scheduled for Oct 26
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 12:24:46 pm »
Congrats!!!!!  I was actually told at my MRI to drink lots of water next time since they also had a lot of trouble getting the IV in.
9mmx14mmx9mm
Diagnosed 6/1/2011
Retrosigmoid Surgery 9/27/2011
Daniel Lee (MEEI) & Fred Barker (MGH) - Exceptional Surgeons