Author Topic: Not clear on the 4 mos MRI  (Read 2111 times)

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
Not clear on the 4 mos MRI
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:36:37 pm »
Anyone have something light up in their 4 month post op MRI.  It sure lite up, I didn't like that too much.  Dr. Martusa said he doesn't think it is anything to worry about but I do think about it.... and wonder if it wasn't all got or is growing back.  I don't think I could do that surgery again.  Was so hoping it would be clear and now I find myself back to waiting for the next MRI and trying not worry here in NH

Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Not clear on the 4 mos MRI
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 03:45:37 pm »
Rivergirl ~

Obviously I'm not a doctor and can only offer my 'uneducated' opinion but the 'lighting up' observed on your 4-month MRI could be scar tissue.  Frankly, if your doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't be, either.  However, I would ask him why he isn't concerned.  His answer would likely reassure you more than the speculation anyone else might be able to offer.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

JAndrews

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 06:25:09 pm »
you could send your MRI to another surgeon for another opinion. Almost all of the large teaching hospitals will read it for free. Nothing lit up on my MRI
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.

opp2

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 06:51:30 pm »
I was going to say scar tissue as well. I had a lighter spot on my post op MRI but the doc said it was scar tissue too. It's gone now.

Hang in there.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:51:58 pm »
Thanks for the positive replies.........I will put it to rest
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!