Author Topic: MRI results suggest time to proceed to surgery,, yuk!!  (Read 3432 times)

alabamajane

MRI results suggest time to proceed to surgery,, yuk!!
« on: October 08, 2011, 06:50:18 am »
Well, I now have a surgery date of Oct 27.. good to have a date but still nervous and probably more anxious now that the "countdown" has begun..

I have an approx. 2.7 cm  CPA tumor with extension into the IAC pressing on the brain stem. I have been w&w for three years now and symptoms have just worsened. Fatigue, tinnitus, headaches, dizziness/nausea, fullness in ear, numbness on the tip of my tongue, tightness in back of neck,, vision/focus problems,, just to name most of them...  :)

I know from this forum that results vary but are usually good,, so that is comforting. So many of you "post op" formulites are so helpful in informing us that have yet to go through this.. it is such a scary time .. and sometimes hard to explain to our loved ones just what it is like on this journey... although I do have a wonderfully supportive husband and family..
Say a little prayer for me, as I know you will from your past posts,, and I will try to keep you informed..
thanks for all the support you have been to me and others pre-op or w&w... Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

DHJ

Re: MRI results suggest time to proceed to surgery,, yuk!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 07:46:03 am »
Hi Jane   We are on the same path. My AN is a little larger 2.9 CM and I have been WW for 3 plus years. The last MRI showed compression of my brain stem and my Doc said that it was time for surgery. I agree and so it is time to get rid of our tumors. My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 4 2011 at Mass General Hospital and I am getting more anxious as the time approaches.Clearly our tumors must go and the Docs have gotton very good at this surgery.I am fearful ,yet looking forward to getting this over with.Prayers coming your way for a successfull surgery and recovery.  Peace Dave
3yr wait and watch on left sided 2.9cm AN is over surgery 11/4/2011 Mckenna/Barker at MGH one year MRI 11/12/2012 all clear

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 12:52:12 pm »
Hi, Jane ~

Your trepidation as The Big Day approaches is completely normal.  We've all 'been there'.  Your supportive family is definitely a blessing not every AN patient enjoys so lean on them, if and when necessary.  Meanwhile, know that you'll be in the prayers of many folks you've never met that care about you and want you to have the best possible results from the upcoming surgery...and I think you will.  :)

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

New girl

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 01:28:15 pm »
Hi Jane,  We'll be thinking of you Oct 27th.  I hope you finally feel some relief from your symptoms.  Best wishes for your surgery and speedy recovery!  :)
9mmx14mmx9mm
Diagnosed 6/1/2011
Retrosigmoid Surgery 9/27/2011
Daniel Lee (MEEI) & Fred Barker (MGH) - Exceptional Surgeons

Mickey

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 05:21:55 am »
Prayers and Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you both
...Mickey