Author Topic: Csf leak 3.5yrs post-op  (Read 14184 times)

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
Re: Csf leak 3.5yrs post-op
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 07:52:55 pm »
Wow.....that is a happy ending, the headaches can be brutal, so glad you have relief!
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

yosemitesam

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 05:52:12 pm »
I had csf leaks for 5 years. after surgery. They finally installed a shunt and it seems to be ok now. I had 5 surgery's where they tried to fix the leak and also had mengentitus. I now struggle with tiredness and other problems, but at least I am not in the hospital. Hope you are ok soon.
3 surgery girl
multiple CSF leaks
Emory Hospital

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 05:36:08 pm »
Hey all, it's been eons since I've been on this site, but came looking to see who else might have had similar issues that I've had.  I am 6 1/2 years out, and have had recurring CSF leaks.  All have been minor compared to the leak I  had 2 weeks post-op.  2 years ago I had a nuclear test to confirm I am indeed leaking.  At first they said I wasn't based on the scans, but the plangets they put in my nose tested positive for radiation, so they agreed I was leaking from an unknown location (they couldn't find anything unusual on the CT scan).  I get the unilateral rhinitis from CSF for a few months every year, usually between August and December, and am currently opting to not have any exploratory/corrective surgery.  I have no headaches or any other symptoms other than the drip.  Thanks everyone for sharing your stories in this thread as I continually re-evaluate my decision to let it leak for the moment.  I've discussed it with my ENT, and know the risks, and he's fine with my decision.  There's so little information out there regarding CSF leaks, I wanted to add my story for anyone else out there trying to make a decision about this particular post-op issue. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar