Author Topic: Has anyone used Restasis?  (Read 15603 times)

Pol

Re: Has anyone used Restasis?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 12:29:15 pm »
I've been using restasis for a couple of years--twice a day in both eyes. Recently it seems to be irritating my right eye (dry eye post AN surgery)--it gets really red after putting the drop in.  I quit using it a few days ago & seems to be better and haven't noticed a difference in dryness.

Has anyone else had that?

also, the eye doc said I have blepharitis (red, itchy lid) in that eye. I asked if it's due to the drops (celluvisc, restasis & ointment at night) but he said no. I find that hard to believe. I think I've got it under control now...daily washes with baby soap. I put a drop of soap on my finger with a little water & scrub away. 

Don't buy the expensive lid cleanse pads recommended.
AN diagnosed Sept.'99; GK Dec. '99 and Sept. '06
Subocciptal partial resection (AN 2.5x 2.2) by Drs. Bojrab & Pieper. SSD right

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 02:53:48 pm »
I'm currently on W&W so have no issues with my eyes from surgery or CK but have had problems with dry eye for several years.  I know nothing about restasis but my opthomologist recommended that I use OTC drops.  I have been using an OTC liquid drops for dry eyes called GenTeal.  This has been very helpful for me.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 08:34:28 pm »
I've been using restasis for a couple of years--twice a day in both eyes. Recently it seems to be irritating my right eye (dry eye post AN surgery)--it gets really red after putting the drop in.  I quit using it a few days ago & seems to be better and haven't noticed a difference in dryness.

Has anyone else had that?

also, the eye doc said I have blepharitis (red, itchy lid) in that eye. I asked if it's due to the drops (celluvisc, restasis & ointment at night) but he said no. I find that hard to believe. I think I've got it under control now...daily washes with baby soap. I put a drop of soap on my finger with a little water & scrub away. 

Don't buy the expensive lid cleanse pads recommended.

No I didn't have the problems like you listed, but I DID discontinue using it for the reasons posted on my previous posts on this thread/topic.   
I do like the Genteal like the last post in the evening otherwise just use Systane Ultra Performance   lubricating eye drops  and prefer that over the Restasis anyways.
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI