Author Topic: It has been a while...  (Read 2456 times)

Joy

It has been a while...
« on: August 29, 2006, 01:35:32 pm »
Hello everyone,
Sorry, I have not been on for a while.  I will be going to Morgantown to check on the progress of my AN tumor in October.  It grew just a fraction the last visit.  Nothing to worry about according to the doctor.  ::)
I have been on steriod meds due to asthma for days and am concerned that it will make the tumor grow more.  Can that happen??  :-\
Also, I have noticed that not eating certain foods have been mentioned.  I was never told to follow certain diets and would like to know what type foods to avoid and what type of plan to follow?  Does certain foods affect the tumor?? ???
I have had this tumor since 2003 and am still learning a lot about it.
Joy
Smile, God loves you!

tatianne

Re: It has been a while...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 01:41:22 pm »
Hi Joy,
im new here so we probably havent exchanged before.
i dont think there is any real evidence that certain foods or diet help the growth of the tumor, although improving our diet and getting execise will help to better our health over all and in turn that should help with the getting through any procedures and bringing up our immune systems in general.
I know that coffee really makes my ringing much worse, but maybe thats me in general, coffee has always made me feel a little out of sorts.
You have been waiting and watching since 2003 ? Thats amazing, what size was is your AN if you dont mind me asking??
Good luck to you at your next follow up, i pray for you that your news will be good.
T
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 02:49:40 pm »
Joy like Tatianne I'd think a healthy diet is something we should all want to follow.  I know someone on here mentioned their diet plan and said they took slack for it so not even sure what they were doing.  They gave me steriods to help shrink the swelling around the tumor I didn't get the impression it would make the tumor bigger.  They also gave me some at the onset of the hearing problem to see if that would help with the tinnitus.  So I'm thinking no worries there.
My best to you!

Joy

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 08:21:45 pm »
No, they removed 80% of it back in 2003 then gamma knife in 2004.  My story is in the General Discussion titled MY AN STORY  or MY STORY dated Feb 24, Feb 25 and March 15, 2005.  I hope it helps others to know they are not alone when things go wrong.
Thanks for assuring me that steriods may not affect the tumor. If anyone has questions after reading my story, I will be glad to answer.
Joy
Smile, God loves you!