Author Topic: kens surgery will be done tomorrow,8-24  (Read 5678 times)

mertzirose

kens surgery will be done tomorrow,8-24
« on: August 23, 2011, 04:29:28 am »
dear everyone,

Well the waiting is finally over, my son Kenny will be having his surgery done tomorrow to remove his tumor. Im feeling a lot of emotions right now, im scared for him and yet i know this has to be done, i hope and pray that he will come out  a stronger person for what he will have to deal with ahead of him. Please keep him in your prayers and wish usgood luck!! Thankyou all!!!

Roseann

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: kens surgery will be done tomorrow,8-24
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:03:48 am »
Roseann .....

So many thoughts and emotions you are having right now.  Please know that your AN family is right behind you with many, many thoughts and prayers that all goes well for Ken tomorrow.  He is young and resilient so that is a big plus.

He will be pretty much out of it for at least 24 hours ..... in most cases, in ICU from 24 to 36 hours post-op.  He probably won't feel like much talking for a couple of days.  After the third day, most of us experienced rather rapid improvement in well-being.

Many thoughts and prayers for both you and Ken.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

ombrerose4

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 07:25:55 am »
Sending peaceful thoughts your way for both Ken and yourself. Let us know how he is doing.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 03:24:11 pm »
Roseann ~

My thoughts and prayers are with you and of course, your son, Ken.  I pray that he has a surgical experience similar to mine, which was excellent.  The first few days, post-op, will be tough but I'm confident that Ken will emerge from this in good shape and enjoy a full and speedy recovery.  Please keep us updated, as you're able.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.