Author Topic: Phonik Cross/Aid  (Read 2309 times)

tweety

Phonik Cross/Aid
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:32:00 pm »
Well today I embarked on the hearing aid world.  I got my two Phonik/audeo cross aids.  It is just new to me but I was amazed how clearly I could hear conversation when I placed my phone next to my bad ear and heard all the conversation clearly in my left (good ear)   They said I have one month to decide if I want to keep them.  I have weddings and vacation ahead of me and thought these events would be a great test to see how it works.  I did not qualify for the sound bite as I have some hearing in my right ear but not useful hearing.  Just another adventure done the road of AN recovery!!!!!!!!!  My family keeps asking why I waited so long to try these but I just guess I always thought the hearing would come back.  It just never did.  Well will post after vacation to let you know how I feel about these new devices.  I can say they do not bother my ears at all in fact you don't even know they are in your ears.  Tweety

Paul F

Re: Phonik Cross/Aid
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:33:01 am »
I have to agree, the new Phonak Cros is great.  No background noise, no head shadow anymore and the sound is almost perfect.  I used to wear the old Phonak with the wire Cros and it was big and bulky, broke alot as well.  I then went to just an ITE in the better ear for a couple of years and I wasn't satisfied.  Next, I got the BAHA Intenso.  The Intenso never worked well for me.  It just amplified all the background noise and I could not hear much else.  I know they are improving that now but I gave up and went back to the Cros, the newest model, and love it.  Had the BAHA abutment removed yesterday.