Author Topic: NYC support group  (Read 5740 times)

ombrerose4

NYC support group
« on: July 16, 2011, 11:45:57 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just want to thank everyone who turned out for our meeting today. It was a great meeting and I am really appreciative of this opportunity to give back to others. I look forward to many more successful meetings in the future. And a special shout out to those of you who travelled out of state to attend. Wendy and Deb it was good to see you guys again:) 
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: NYC support group follow up
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:38:21 pm »
Does anyone know when the next support group meeting is? ??? ??? ??? I am considering radiation soon and I could use all the information I can get!

Mike Demisay
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

ombrerose4

Re: NYC support group
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:03:11 pm »
Hi Mike,

Our next meeting is on March 31, Saturday at !PM.  We have quite a few members who have had radiation to treat their AN's. Send me a PM with your email info and I would be happy to have some of our members reach out to you.

Lauren
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

MDemisay

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 06:12:48 pm »
Lauren,

I had a wonderful time this afternoon thank you so much with the NYC group meeting. It was so nice meeting someone else with an AN much less a whole conference room full of them!

The guest speaker was awesome she even got me to relax and take it easy on myself! Great first impression guys! GREAT MEETING over all!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

MDemisay

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 01:22:25 pm »
Lauren,

I am very eager to attend tomorrows meeting Saturday, July 28th. I had Gamma Knife on June11th. I am feeling much better, I am looking forward to meeting everybody again.

Mike

MDemisay

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 02:09:07 pm »
Hi everyone,

Even though we didn't get to be introduced to one another, I was there in the back with a London Olympic Blue hat on I was there to encourage everybody to go on with their individual journeys! Onward toward wellness.

As you know, last month (June 9) I was 2 days out of Gamma Knife Treatment , I wanted to thank all of you for showing me your support at the meeting. I wanted to tell all of you how much I appreciated it, it was one of the things that got me through to the other side of my treatment, the other was the support of the ANA Forum and the ANgels.

So far, I am relatively symptomless!

Mike

Ps I do have stress headaches.