Author Topic: AN 3 Years ago in right ear, now symptoms in left ear  (Read 2297 times)

AJ

AN 3 Years ago in right ear, now symptoms in left ear
« on: June 24, 2011, 03:21:56 pm »
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone has had an AN and then another one develop years later in the other ear?  I don't have NF2.  But recently I have had tinnitus, and muffled hearing in my "good" ear. I had cyberknife 3 years ago and have no serviceable hearing in my right AN ear.  I'm in the process of setting up an MRI, but it seems to be taking a while due to insurance authorization.  In the mean time, I guess I'm wondering if any one has ever had two NA's without have NF2.
Thanks for any comments!
2.5cm AN diagnosed 3/25/08 Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ
Some hearling loss in right AN ear.
Slight Tinnitus and slight imbalance.
CK scheduled for May 28th! Woohoo!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: AN 3 Years ago in right ear, now symptoms in left ear
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 04:48:11 pm »
I'm not a doctor, but I imagine that most people aren't diagnosed with more than one AN unless they are NF2. 

But, I could be wrong.  The important thing is to have the MRI to tell you exactly what's going on.

Good luck; please keep us updated,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Silver Sonnet

Re: AN 3 Years ago in right ear, now symptoms in left ear
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 06:47:39 pm »
I hope you just have an ear infection--have you checked with your doctor about that?

My understanding is that, if you have ANs on each ear, even at different times, you have NF2.  I'm new to this, though, so I don't know for sure.  In the meantime, try not to stress, and I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you :)