Author Topic: House Clinic and Insurance  (Read 3491 times)

katmac36

House Clinic and Insurance
« on: June 17, 2011, 12:39:57 pm »
Hello! I posted on another thread. I am a newbie and have been reading through posts on this site. I am reading a lot about the House Clinic. I am going to send them my MRI scan and get a phone consult with them. However, if I did decide to go and see them and have them do the surgery I am worried about insurance. I have Cigna that has 80/20 out of network coverage. With this being a private clinic I was worried about the insurance coverage for this. Obviously I will call Cigna before deciding. I was just wondering if anyone on here had had a problem with insurance covering services by HEI. Thanks!

Desilu

Re: House Clinic and Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 06:32:40 am »
Hi,

I did not have any problems with my insurance (GEHA) although I did not have the same as you. I believe if you let House know, they will call and check with your insurance company also. If you decide to have your surgery with them, they will send you an itemized list of the basic charges for each procedure before you even go out there.  I was so thankful that I had my surgery in 2005 because in 2006 House was no longer in my network and I would have had to pay 35% out of pocket. I hope everything goes well for you whichever place you decide to go. Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

psmix

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 09:54:00 am »
The House Clinic was in my Blue Cross Blue Shield Network and my insurance paid with no problems. Cigna is a pretty big network and House is a recognized center of excellence, so I think there's a good chance they'll be in network, but definitely confirm!

If by chance they are not in network, I would talk to them about making an exception. Insurance companies usually recognize that it's cost effective for them to use a center of excellence.
Right AN diagnosed Sept. 2010 - 4 cm x 3 cm x 3 cm
Debulked via translab Sept. 2010
Removed at House Feb. 2011
CSF leak with blind sac closure and lumbar drain March 2011
Unresponsive facial nerve, platinum weight
SSD

Lesliegc

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 05:13:05 am »
Hi fellow newbie,
I'm in similar boat...just dx a week ago and coming to the conclusion that hei is worth the (for me) xcountry flight. I have Cigna also, and we used to have a moderate deductible with 80/20 coverage once met, but recently they switched us to a huge deductible with 100% coverage once it is met. I was really mad at the time, I think we didn't have a choice, but now I am thankful. IF, that is, hei is in network. Keep me posted on what you find.....I am hoping to call Monday and get things rolling. What do you think your timing is? I am trying to get this done in later August, if the starts align
4mmx9mm  right side
diagnosed 6/11/11
middle fossa  7/25/11 at HEI
developed chronic headaches at 5 months post op

tichinose

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 08:13:18 am »
I too have Cigna and am surgery on July 14....the scheduler said she will take care of it all...so i hope so.