Author Topic: Just got UN pre-authorized!!  (Read 4079 times)

epodjn

Just got UN pre-authorized!!
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:39:38 pm »
My doctor requested and got pre-authorization for to put in my eye weight, lift my eye brow, and fix my colapsed nasal passage. They called today and said they had decided to deny it because the doctor is out of network. He is the only doctor that specializes in facial reconstruction and paralysis. They want me to go to a plastic surgeon on "the list" . I checked out his ad on the internet. He specializes in **** jobs and lipo suction. I don't how to fight this. Or even if i can. Has anyone else had this problem?
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: Just got UN pre-authorized!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 07:33:31 am »
Hello epodjn,
  I've never heard of an insurance company un-authorizng coverage for a procedure.  I wonder if that is even something that they can make stick.  I doubt it.  I thought that once they sent an approval that they were obligated to pay.  Check with the state insurance regulators to see if an insurance company is allowed to do this.
  Another potential avenue would be to call the new doctors office and find out how many of these procedures they have perfomed.  If it is zero, I would think you could make a case that they are unqualified and doesn't perform this procedure.
Regards,
  Rob
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:52:48 am by HeadCase2 »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW