Author Topic: WHO study says cell phones possble link to cancer and AN  (Read 14198 times)

Sefra22

Re: WHO study says cell phones possble link to cancer and AN
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 05:33:11 pm »
I would be more inclined to believe this if they were talking about regular landline cordless phones. I use them frequently at work and at home, and have been for a long time.  I have never been much of a cell phone user.

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

Mei Mei

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 09:28:25 pm »
I went to emfsafetystore.com and bought some film to cover my landline cordless phone base, microwave and computer screens.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 08:46:29 am »
For the longest time I disbelieved the 'cell phone'/schwannoma connection until I began my research into RF waves.  I did not have a cell phone like most here, but for many years used a cordless phone to my left ear.  I also had a microwave oven that was, yes, placed into a cabinet at a level equal to my head (on my left also) and not even considering it was harmful, used this frequently 'back in the day'!  Remember the 'walkman'?  I had one of those too.  Remember transister radios?  Had one of those too (waaayyyy back) that we would all gather around to listen to, inches from our head, at the pool during the summer, blasting away our favorite song!  Ahhhh, those were the days now weren't they!  Anyway, I digress. 

My investigation into RF waves are because my town has been installing Smart Meters.  I am not happy about this and put up a 'stink' with our power company to stop this meter going onto my home.  They are complying with my wishes for now due to my brain tumor and all my research data regarding RF waves and EMF emissions provided to them from Sage Report.  Yes, of course, they threw at me the everyone uses a cell phone, the FCC says, blah, blah, blah, says it's safe and all, but.....In light of this new WHO finding, I am glad I put up a stink!  These meters emit 160 x's the radiation levels of a cell phone. 

1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: WHO study says cell phones possible link to cancer and AN
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 12:54:39 pm »
agree with DocB, Jim, ddaybrat, etc....... as with everything in life that can cause cancers, I refuse to be an ostrich with my head in the sand.... life is too short and I'm going to enjoy it while I'm on G-d's green earth!

Had chocolate... sorry!
Phyl

My Mom buys into everything she heres and things I am being an ostrich by not worrying more ... I have life to attend to and listen with half an ear to sensationalized articles... I don't have time to worry about every little thing that can harm me ... I figure I am more likely to get smashed flat by a 1000 pound cow than to get cancer from my rarely used cell phone ... have a friend that logs more minutes in a month than I use in a year ... she may have a problem ...

OK .. going to go stick my head in the sand or not according on how you want to look at it ... girls have been shaking our small Bradford pear trees to make cicadas fly out in clouds ... stirs the cats up ... may go help them before hopping in hte truck and heading out
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Mei Mei

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 12:58:19 pm »
I'm fully behind you.   When I was a kid back in the 50s they used to x ray our growing feet at the shoe store.   Suddenly all of that stopped.   My friend now 62 was a radiologist and she had to retire on disability because she went blind about 20 years ago.  The x ray technician yesterday said this used to happen a lot to radiologists when they had to look directly into the x ray.   They fortunately don't do this anymore.    I wrote to an acquaintance that I've been in touch with in California and is part owner of Sonitus and asked about the EMFs with the Soundbite.   He sent me a long explanation which made me feel better, but now I'm more seriously considering the TransEar.  Don't have any personal contacts at TransEar to give me any EMF information though.   I had a cell phone several years back that used to get hot while i was on the phone.   I also slept with my phones in the bed so that I could get calls from my daughter late at night.   Then switched to a Blackberry and six months later got the DX that I had an AN.   My father's friend's son is a winner of a Physics Nobel Prize and I remember that he doesn't have a microwave.   You really don't need one;  it's just more convenient with one.  
Years ago I took out of my bedroom the alarm clock radio with the LED display and now just have a simple battery run one.  

Help yourselves by keeping your life as free from EMFs as possible.   I don't know what I am going to do now about the utilities taking out the meter on my house.   I didn't know there was a choice in the matter and admire you for putting up the good fight.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Director

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »
In response to the recent press reports that link cell phones to cancer, ANA has updated our statement regarding cell phones and acoustic neuorma, including a release from Dr. John M. Tew, Jr., University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute, and ANA Medical Advisory Board Co-Chair.  You can view the latest information on our website in our News section. 

I know that you all know this - but in recent press reports that link cell phones to cancer, there have been references to acoustic neuromas being in the risk category.  Acoustic neuroma is NOT a cancerous brain tumor - it is a benign, non-malignant brain tumor, which is NOT a form of cancer.

Best Wishes--Judy

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 01:24:34 pm »
Mei Mei,

Start with your Utilities Commission, this is where I started.  They regulate your Utilites Company.  I told them I am a brain tumor patient and did not want a potentially harmful meter that emits rf waves greater than what is being purported as safe.  The FCC has been found to be disingenuous on a Internet Broadband report called 706 Report.  Now if they can do this, what is keeping them from 'skewing' the reports for safety when it comes to these meters?!  There's all sorts of info on the dangers of Smart Meters, just do a search.  My point of contention is if these meters are so great, why over in Europe do they complain about the costs they were sold on, are they not saving?  Why in the States Utah and California the same complaint--the savings are not there.  There seems to be a health risk involved with EMF's and RF waves, no big savings, so why are we changing over to these meters?!  More control perhaps?  That is all I can come up with.  That is where the benefit is, to the company that owns these meters, not to the people that have them on their homes.  

Besides, who on this site went to the FCC to see  about their brain tumor?!  This is what I told my power company!  FCC is not the company to go to for health issues, nor is the EPA!  The last published standard by the FCC was 1999!  The EPA hasnn't overseen RF radiation reports since 1990's.  Besides, here's some more you can use the Smart Meter Safety Coalition is currently under investigation by WHO as a possible carcinogen.  Now if this isn't enough to ask that your power company come up with an 'opt out' for you, then I would start with your town counsel?  Perhaps they can help?  I don't know how long I am on this 'opt out', but I'm pretty sure not for long as they said, "These meters are going in everywhere and there's nothing you can do about it, they will be going in all over America!"  Nice!  Sigh!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 03:35:51 pm »
Here’s a thought Mei-Mei...spend that time getting your nails done...a better investment in your quality of life if you ask me!

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 05:41:28 am »
In follow up to Judy (Vittucci/ Exec Dir of the ANA), please see the full statement she references (ie: the official stance by the ANA by Dr. Tew) here on the ANA Website homepage:

http://www.anausa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=142:cell-phones-and-acoustic-neuroma&catid=51:news

Phyl

In response to the recent press reports that link cell phones to cancer, ANA has updated our statement regarding cell phones and acoustic neuorma, including a release from Dr. John M. Tew, Jr., University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute, and ANA Medical Advisory Board Co-Chair.  You can view the latest information on our website in our News section. 

I know that you all know this - but in recent press reports that link cell phones to cancer, there have been references to acoustic neuromas being in the risk category.  Acoustic neuroma is NOT a cancerous brain tumor - it is a benign, non-malignant brain tumor, which is NOT a form of cancer.

Best Wishes--Judy
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Mei Mei

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 02:33:50 pm »
I'm very grateful to Judy Vitucci and all who work diligently with her to get the message out.  Granted the tumor is benign contrary to what ABC News said a few nights ago and I knew he was incorrect, but it still takes hours of surgery cutting your head open and it changes your life.

I was talking with a developer of the SoundBite last night and he reassured me that the EMFs were not that high.   He sent me a lengthy email in detail, so I feel better about the Sound Bite now.

Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

paleopurls

• paleo purls
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 11:07:24 am »
In my case, I think my AN was more likely caused by taking methotrexate for treatment of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis than by using a cell phone. Sure, my AN grew on the side that I used to answer the phone, but I hardly ever use it. Necessary evil, as someone else said.

I will try to use it on speaker phone more often, though.
7mmx7mmx5mm right side AN
Translab 5/19/11 at UMN Levine/Haines

I blog: paleo purls

blueeyes

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 08:51:20 am »
My husband had never used a cell phone before his AN was discovered.  Can't be the cause of his!

PaulW

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 04:19:03 pm »
Fact: Cell Phones are Dangerous.
Cell Phones Kill, and cause serious injury and harm to their users, and innocent people nearby.
Approximately 1:10,000,000 are killed by cell phone use every year.
1:10,000 have been injured or exposed to a potentially lethal situation as a result of Cell Phones use

Now if we can just stop texting, talking, facebooking on the darn thing while we drive imagine how much safer we would all be.
 ;D
Right now the link between tumours and mobile phone use remains weak, but requires further investigation.
Even if a link is found, it appears the increased odds of acquiring a tumour will be small.

We put ourselves at far greater risk of being injured by a mobile phone everyday either through our use while driving, or others using their phone while driving.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:29:07 pm by PaulW »
10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!

Mei Mei

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 07:49:00 pm »
Thank you.  You are right on.   I'm happy for your straightforward comments.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 12:22:20 pm »
I would be more inclined to believe this if they were talking about regular landline cordless phones. I use them frequently at work and at home, and have been for a long time.  I have never been much of a cell phone user.

Lisa

Now, this theory makes a lot more sense to me than the cell phone theory; but I still tend to believe it's more a case of "sh*t happens".

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways