Author Topic: 3 Doctors say Retrosig, House says Translab. Confused :(  (Read 10488 times)

AAANJ

Re: 3 Doctors say Retrosig, House says Translab. Confused :(
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 08:40:19 pm »
I'm happy to say her recovery has been as good as could be expected.
She was very nauseated and dizzy the remainder of the day after surgery.  She basically slept the whole day.  Not a lot of pain, no headache, used her PCA (pain pump) to deliver pain medicine once in a while. 
Her second day saw an improvement in her nausea by the end of the day but she basically slept that day.  She did get out of bed at the end of the day, was pretty unsteady feeling on her feet.  Pain was tolerable, no headache.
Her third day her nausea was gone, dizziness better.  She started walking, had her appetite returning.  Was taking oral pain medications for incision site pain (expected) but only a few times that day.  She was getting adjusted to walking with the balance issues.  Really noticed this day that her hearing was gone in the affected ear.  I brought the kids to visit that evening.
Her fourth day was much better, moving around better, still getting adjusted to balance change.  Pain was tolerable with Tylenol or Percocet once in a while.  Ate well and was discharged home after lunch.  Acting much more like herself.
She's now at home, doing simple things around the house.  No heavy lifting.  Taking it easy.  Not as sleepy, but does get tired at times. Sat outside on the porch today enjoying the good weather.  No headaches.  Today she only took Tylenol twice for pain.
Overall, her surgery and outcome are exactly as Dr. Sisti had predicted.  My wife's a trooper.
Best of luck!

Phillies

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 07:21:19 am »
Glad to hear everything is going well with no complications. I'm almost afraid to ask, but, did your why manage to retain any hearing in that ear?

Phillies

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 04:05:54 pm »
Oops. I must have missed that part of your post. Sorry your wife lost the hearing. How is she coping with it? I hope everything else is going ok. I will be having my surgery with Dr. Sisti on July 15

AAANJ

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 07:06:48 pm »
Oops. I must have missed that part of your post. Sorry your wife lost the hearing. How is she coping with it? I hope everything else is going ok. I will be having my surgery with Dr. Sisti on July 15
My wife is still trying to getting used to SSD.  She complains of just a whooshing noise in her affected ear and no headaches. She's looking forward to soundbite as an option down the road.  She had her staples removed and is still improving.  She will be able to drive in another week.  She is moving around much better and her balance seems to have adjusted.  She complains more of her IV site and arterial line sites more than her incision site for discomfort.  Overall, our experience with Dr. Sisti could not have been better and we would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone else dealing with an acoustic neuroma - you will be in excellent hands.  
I know it is very nerve racking waiting for your surgery date, but it does come (and quickly) and the surgery goes on and before you know it, you will be recovering and telling others how you're doing after surgery.  Best of luck and feel free to PM us if any questions arise.  

Phillies

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 05:42:34 pm »
I sent you a PM  :)