Author Topic: FYI - Surgery date for KenJen  (Read 3339 times)

KenJen

FYI - Surgery date for KenJen
« on: July 02, 2006, 02:41:42 pm »
We have wonderful conversation with Dr Brackmann and have set the date for the surgery, July 17. After looking into Proton we decided not to proceed but wanted to get the booger out of there. Dr Brackenmann was very understanding and kind.
He answered all our questions for now and did them patiently.  We will be in Los Angeles the week end
before the surgery and will have some time on our hands.  No transportation, does anyone know of thiings to do
that are not too far from the Institute? We will be looney if we have to sit and wait! Ken is not too good on long stretches of activity.  Cost would be a factor also.  I have been following the posts on everyone and feel as if you are friends.  Please think of us it will be just the two of us and I have my own health issues. Heads up to everyone. KenJen
Translab - House 7/17/06
No facial problems but post and pre surgery  chronic dry eye in both eyes

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: FYI - Surgery date for KenJen
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 04:37:10 pm »

you are near Hollywood! .. there are several movie studios and tours you can take .. we did a tour on the set of "Joey" it was really neat ..  I was actually in Hollywood on a week vacation July 4 of last year.. and having balance and hearing problems .. the next thing I know... a month later.. I was there again for surgery!! and there for 3 weeks (it was no vacation!) .. and again in Nov for a follow up vist .. in total I was in LA for 5 weeks last year!!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 08:02:27 pm »
Too bad you can't go on the price is right!

Best of luck to you...and I hear the mashed potatoes are very good there  ;)

Joef

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 06:02:15 am »
I not sure of the name.... (I think its "farmers market") They had a Christmas TV special there the week after I was there in Nov! I was shocked when I was flicking around the TV and recognized the set ups  .. we were a few miles from HEI .. there is a great outdoor food court .. I could hardly decide what to eat !! and a "Cheese Cake  Factory" ... my wife brought me a cheese cake to the hospital room! ..(I think she just wanted to get some for herself!  ;) )  To far to walk, but it would be a fast cab ride!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:09:39 am by Joef »

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 02:21:17 pm »
Well, the Farmer's Market sounds wonderful to me.  I bet this is the one...

http://www.farmersmarketla.com/

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Desilu

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 02:50:59 pm »
Hi KenJen,

Many places to go and many things to see. You can actually see the HollyWood sign from St. Vincents Hospital. The Bus' and Trains are only $3 for an entire day. We went as far as Long Beach and to the Farmers Market and to the La Brea Tar Pits. We even took the bus to Santa Monica Pier. The Price Is Right Game Show is located right behind the Grove Mall. All you have to do is request tickets (they are free) you can look it up on the computer. You can take a Taxi to any Major Hotel and they have bus tours available to the Stars Homes, Hollywood Blvd and more. If you don't feel like going out, Seton Hall does offer many games and puzzles in the dining area that you can work with other patients, we did and had a little competition with other patients as to who could put together the most pieces. They also have a big T.V. with many videos to watch. Contact me by email if you need more information. Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Joef

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 06:31:15 pm »

Sue! thats it !!, dont not know they had a web site ... I guess everything does these days!

KenJen

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 09:06:01 pm »
Thanks for all of the input. We'll probably look into the Farmer's Market, sounds good.
Web site is helpful, map and everything.  KenJen
Translab - House 7/17/06
No facial problems but post and pre surgery  chronic dry eye in both eyes