Author Topic: Neurostimulator Three Month Update  (Read 3418 times)

staypoz

Neurostimulator Three Month Update
« on: April 20, 2011, 07:02:03 am »
It's been three months to the day since I had a neurostimulator implanted for my head pain.  The daily head pain is under control and I am back to some pretty vigorous gardening again.  We are still tweaking the stimulation for the brainwrecks, but the last one was actually tolerable with the stimulator cranked up as far as it could be. 

All in all, this technology has been a life-changer for me.  I just wish I had gotten the thing implanted sooner.

staypoz

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Neurostimulator Three Month Update
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:21:49 pm »
Staypoz ~

My congratulations on finally being (almost) headache-free!  I'm delighted to learn that the neurostimulator has proven effective for you.  Enjoy your gardening!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mei Mei

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 06:11:54 pm »
I'm so happy for you!    Pain just pulls all the life out of you.    Just be careful and take one day at a time.   You might be out of shape from so much time with headaches and not doing as much but waiting for the brainwrecks to calm down.   Get a walking tape and take fun walks.   I walk to the Oldies and work out with a trainer.   

My next thing to conquer is the hearing and Sonitus...waiting for September when they'll be available at GW.

Keep on healing.  It's a great world out there, especially today in Washington!    ;D
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

moe

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 06:16:10 pm »
Another good headache story. I like to read these. Congratulations that the head pain is getting under control :D
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty