Author Topic: CT AN surgeon recommendation  (Read 4649 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
CT AN surgeon recommendation
« on: June 27, 2006, 02:40:53 pm »
I post this for the benefit of any potential candidates for surgical removal of an acoustic neuroma tumor who may happen to reside in the southern Connecticut area.

I have absolutely no commercial ties to this doctor or his practice.

On June 7th, 2006, I had a 4.5cm AN tumor successfully removed by Dr. Issac Goodrich and his team at the Hospital of Saint Raphael in New Haven, CT. using the familiar suboccipital retrosigmoid approach.  Dr. Goodrich has years of experience removing AN tumors and is well-respected by his peers.  He is totally patient-focused and respects the patient's wishes.  I was very concerned about facial nerve damage often associated with AN tumor removal and Dr. Goodrich responded to my concern by bringing in an experienced electrophysiologist to monitor my facial/cranial nerves during surgery. The result: no loss of facial or any other nerve functions, post-op.  That isn't luck, it's careful monitoring and the surgeon's concern for - not only a successful tumor removal  - but a 'whole' patient following the delicate surgery.   I was discharged from the hospital within 5 days and my recovery has been swift and satisfactory to both my doctor and myself. 

From my personal experience, for Connecticut-area AN patients, I highly recommend Dr. Goodrich - who is affilliated with Connecticut Neurosurgery in New Haven.   

For more specific information on Dr. Goodrich, PM me.

Jim S.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 01:11:36 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

irish211

Re: CT AN surgeon recommendation
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 12:19:23 pm »
Hello:

please read my story...I have two kids at home, single parent, need to work and alos am self employed....what was your down time....how about out of pocket expenses....have anthem bc bs and really don't want to give up what hearing I have left...

thanks,