Author Topic: New Cochlear BAHA processor  (Read 8710 times)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: New Cochlear BAHA processor
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 08:33:54 am »
I think both Cochlear and Oticon are very busy designing upgrades.

When I had my Oticon abutment put in on May 11th at HEI, I was also given the Ponto Pro processor to take home ..... ready to be attached three months later.  In the meantime, Oticon has added the Ponto Pro Power to its line-up, as well as upgraded the Ponto Pro and software for it.  When I received mine the closest color to my hair was chroma beige.  During this most recent upgrade of products, they added a white silver color.  I simply talked with the Oticon rep I met in Cincinnati (she answered my email within a half hour) and she said, "Sure, you can exchange yours for the new color."  Within two days I had the new one and am shipping the other one back.  In my case, I had not opened the processor package yet so it was a simple swap situation.  But, it sounded like it would not have been a big deal, even if I had.

I was so impressed with the promptness of the service from Oticon.

I, too, hope that they always have a processor to fit the abutment in my head.  I would not be a "happy camper" to have to have a new abutment put in to be able to hear.

9 days till my "turn on" day, but who's counting???

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
Re: New Cochlear BAHA processor
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 02:24:30 pm »
Clarice, I can't wait to hear about your "turn on"!!!
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego