Author Topic: Can anyone share their experience with Dr. Brackmaan at House, LA?  (Read 1990 times)

meh

Can anyone share their experiences with Dr. Brackmann at House ear Institute in LA?
We are started to consulting him and would like to more about theor surgery procedure,
any complications after, how smoothly it goes etc. >:(

Karla83401

Re: Can anyone share their experience with Dr. Brackmaan at House, LA?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:23:13 pm »
Hi,

I had my AN (tommy) removed by Dr. Brackman and his team at the House on May 16th 2006. My surgery was done at St. Vincent Hospital. My sister and I stayed at Seton Guest House. I can not say enough wonderful things about the care I received while there. For me there was a spirit of peace and comfort just simply being in there hands. I had a 1.4cm (although it was larger by the time I had the surgery) AN removed by mid fossia and am recovering wonderfully. I still struggle with working on the computor or reading...anything that requires strict concentration but even that is getting better with practice. My hearing is still present in my left ear (my AN side) but it seems to be bothersome to me in places where there is background noise or if there is more than one person talking. My mouth and tongue are still numb on the AN side but it does not affect my appearance. I am also numb on my left temple area but once again it is not obvious.  The funniest thing of all is my balance. Okay sometimes I stagger a little or wander to the right a little but I am working on it. I don't drive at night yet because a lack of light really affects my balance but an able to drive fine during the day by allowing myself plenty of time as not to feel rushed.

A side note to all of you who have come to known Andrea (my daughter). She is still stressing about taking care of me, so much in fact that on Saturday she insisted on going to the store with me (she thought that I was not aware that all she really wanted to do was keep me from driving...ha ha Mom is not that dumb) but anyways the poor girl fell down my garage steps and broke some bones in her foot. Guess who had to drive her to the emergency room? Now she says if we could only put her head on my body that we could at least have one whole person.

Hope that my experiences with the House help answer some of your questions. If you have others please feel free to let me know. If I don't get back to you right away it will be because I am having eye issues again.

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Desilu

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 05:32:00 pm »
Hi meh,

I had surgery with Dr. Brackmann on July 26, 2005. I have posted my story on the General Discussion thread. It is dated September 19, 2005 and is on page (about 29) called "My Acoustic Neuroma Story". All the doctors at House are good. Dr. Brackmann is very personable. He answered all of my questions, made me feel very comfortable and is very skilled in what he does! I have called him since my surgery and he always has made time to call me back. I would personally recommend him to you. I had a very good experience and great outcome. Every AN is different and each outcome will be different also. We can only talk about our own experiences and mine was a postive one. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. I wish you the best with your decision.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

eyedocjim@gmail.co

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 08:13:52 pm »
Long story short. Our 16 year old had his 1.2 cm AN removed by Drs. Brackmann and Hitselberger on Valentine's Day 2006. Fantastic experience. Go there and meet him and you will be convinced.