Author Topic: Battery Question  (Read 1829 times)

keithk

• Cochlear Awareness Volunteer (Chapter Leader)
    • Retrosigmoid Surgery
Battery Question
« on: February 06, 2011, 07:43:48 am »
Last night I replaced the battery in my BP100 for the first time. When I inserted the new battery into the processor the orange light came on. My BP100 is configured for the left side so I should have seen the blue light. I reinserted the old battery and the blue light came on. I inserted another battery, this time a different brand and everything was ok. I assumed that the battery was defective. Has anyone had this problem before?
AN surgery 8/19/10, 9.5 hrs
8mm x 5mm left side
Retrosigmoid, Drs Reichert & Harvey
Severe hearing loss in the left ear before surgery. SSD after surgery. Balance issues. Tinnitus (mild). Buzzing in left ear.
BAHA implant surgery 11/17/10
BAHA activation 2/1/11

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Battery Question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:25:30 am »
Keith -

I'm deaf left, but I never notice the lights when I insert a new battery in my BP100/BP3.  I'm confident they come on; I just never pay attention to them.

As long as I'm holding my BP100/BP3 in my hand and it lets out a squeal I know I'm good to go.

New batteries should never be defective.  Is it possible you just didn't have the battery placed correctly in the battery "slot"?  If it's not in right or in tight, you'll have an issue with the battery.

Also, although Divinos are programmed for left vs right sided deafness, BP100/BP3's aren't.

BP100/BP3's don't have a directional microphone like the Divino, their microphones are built in.  There is no need to program them based on which side is deaf.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways