Author Topic: Gamma Knife MRI update  (Read 2277 times)

rupert

Gamma Knife MRI update
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:44:50 pm »

Hello everyone,     It seems that there are a lot of  MRI  updates lately so I'll add mine to the mix.   I had my one year follow up MRI yesterday.  I think I
was supposed to have one at six months.  I wasn't having any symptomatic problems so I blew it off.   Anyway here are the results.
    MRI - one year out.   Gamma Knife on 2/10/10   UPMC.  Size  was the same as before treatment minus 1 mm  all the way around,  so I consider it the same.
They gave me the disk on the way out so I of course looked at it and compared with my previous MRI's from before treatment.  Looks to me like about 25%
darkening (my opinion).   So,   off the disk and report go and we'll see what the Neurosurgeon thinks.   Me thinks I'm good for another year!   Bryan.

sunfish

Re: Gamma Knife MRI update
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:14:49 am »
Congratulations!  Here's wishing you another good year!
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Gamma Knife MRI update
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:25:51 pm »
Bryan ~

Congratulations!  I'm sure the neurosurgeon will have positive news for you.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.