Author Topic: Steroids  (Read 1760 times)

kathleenanna

Steroids
« on: January 28, 2011, 07:07:04 am »
Hi everyone!  I had another follow up with my surgeon last week and I was telling him about the "heavy head" feeling and how it is driving me crazy.  He started me on 2 weeks of steroids...Prednisone.  I just started them on Monday, and I have the worst heartburn!  I am taking Prilosec, but it still persists.  Has anyone experienced this?  Any tips?

I am experiencing some side effects.  I feel a little foggy!  Not really a bad feeling!  lol.  Wish everyone a nice weekend.......................Kathleen Anna

translab on Sept 15, 2010 at Univ of Penn
2cm AN on left side
ssd
some balance issues

sunfish

Re: Steroids
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:38:13 am »
I was on prednisone around Thanksgiving, and I got heartburn too, which is only now settling down.  I took pepcid (famotidine) twice a day, and some Tums in between.  The doctor just switched me yesterday to Nexxium, but she explained it takes a few days to really start working.

Just the usual suggestions (do as I say, not as I do! :) :)), limit spicy foods, don't overeat (that's the hard one for me), especially don't eat too much right before lying down in bed.  My problem has gradually improved, so I hope yours will too!
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

kathleenanna

Re: Steroids
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 09:29:28 am »
thanks for the reply sunfish.........i am on a two week course and today i just started the decrease to 4 a day instead of 6.....maybe that will help also.  And, yes, i am eating bland, bland, bland!!!
translab on Sept 15, 2010 at Univ of Penn
2cm AN on left side
ssd
some balance issues