Author Topic: Neurostimulator Implanted!  (Read 13501 times)

staypoz

Re: Neurostimulator Implanted!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 08:22:22 am »
Thanks, Cindy.  I went to get the stitches removed yesterday and to have additional programs added.  All is going well.  I had one of my really bad headaches last night and the device helped mask the pain.  Woo hoo!!

staypoz

staypoz

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 02:22:23 pm »
Just a quick update.  The device continues to help me deal with the daily head pain.  I had a brainwreck over the weekend and didn't feel it was as effective as it was during the trial, so I am going to have to have some more reprogramming of the stimulator done.  I was told that it is not unusual to have that done several times soon after the device is permanently implanted.  It merely involves sitting down with the rep from the device manufacturer as they program where the sensations will be directed and what you want them to feel like.  Overall, still a positive experience. 

staypoz   

staypoz

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 08:17:50 am »
Just a quick update on how the neurostimulator is working.  I had my six-week post-implant checkup and have the go-ahead to resume all activities.  The device is still doing an amazing job taming the daily head pain.  It hasn't been as successful in addressing the brainwrecks and brainwreck-lites.  I met with the programmer from the company that makes the thing and he came up with a program to use exclusively when one of those hits.  The challenge is that it's hard to program the stimulation in a vaccuum.  I can't tell the programmer that the stimulation is hitting where it's supposed to when I am not having one of those dreadful attacks.

I finally found something that can help me with the pain and I wish everyone else the same good luck in their search for relief.

staypoz

Mei Mei

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 05:00:52 pm »
Oh, my heart goes out to you.   I am praying that you don't get those brain wrecks.   I really feel for you.    It's a horrible existence.
Hugs,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh