Author Topic: Blood Test Results-Need Help  (Read 3330 times)

Vivian B.

Blood Test Results-Need Help
« on: January 14, 2011, 02:30:57 pm »
Hi Everybody,

I haven't been on for awhile. Just trying to coast until my next MRI on June 22/201 which will be one year post GK. I just had my annual check-up and my blood work was good except for body inflammation levels that showed high. Since I have a history of irritable bowel syndrome I am having a  colonoscopy in Feb. 2011.

I am just wondering if it is possible that it could be from the tumor inflammation?

Has anybody had this experience?

Thank you always.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Blood Test Results-Need Help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 05:13:43 pm »
Good question, Vivian.

Probably something you should ask your doctor.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sunfish

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:02:47 am »
Haven't heard of this before.  I've had my blood drawn a jillion times this year.  I sympathize, in that once you've had this condition, you wonder if every little thing is related to the AN or its treatment.   My nephew has irritable bowel - difficult condition!
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

Vivian B.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:30:58 pm »
Thank you both for your replies. I think I will pose the question to my Neurosurgeon and see if he has ever heard of it?

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

ombrerose4

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 06:40:04 pm »
Hi Vivian,

Blood tests that show inflammation are usually very non specific. They can be high due to a virus such as a cold, an infection, allergies,etc. I know once you have an AN you worry about every little thing, we all do! IBS would also cause a rise in certain non specific inflammatory blood tests. Check with your doctor and see if he want's to do any more specific tests to determine the source of the inflammation. Let us know :)
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

free2be

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 03:06:11 pm »
Vivian,

That is a very good question. I'd be interested to know what you find out. Did you have radiation? I didn't check you other posts. Of course the radiation can cause inflammation, but so can arthritic conditions and I'm sure loads of other things. Pushing your doctor for more tests/answers seems reasonable to me. You doing okay otherwise?

Connie
Diagnosed Nov. 2008 Right AN 7 mm x 9 mm
Incremental MRIs enhancing mass
June 2010 1.4 cm x 0.9 cm extension into the CP angle
Pre-CK Stanford measurements 1.6 X 1.1 cm
9/29/10 - 10/1/10 CK completed with Dr Steven Chang and Soltys, Stanford.
6-month thru three year (8/13) follow ups MRI: stable

Vivian B.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 08:56:59 pm »
Thank you both for your replies. Connie I did have radiation. I haven't called the Neuro yet but it will be interesting to see what he tells me.

Vivian