Author Topic: It's been a loooooooong time!  (Read 4905 times)

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
It's been a loooooooong time!
« on: December 26, 2010, 04:55:17 am »
Hi everyone!
It's been years since I've been here! I don't know if some of you remember me, but I hope so. I have been too busy with everything and haven't had the time to join the forum. It's a pite, indeed! Everything is well with both me and my family. Life is running on as it did before surgery and I don't think much of it anymore. But I have to say the I do appreciate life more now than I did before the AN and the surgery and everything. Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and that you will get a great new year 2011. I do have the attention to try to be a bit  more active on the forum from now on. I did get so much help from everybody here when I was confused and scared of my AN and my surgery, so can I help anyone I'd love to.

Take care!

Love from Catlover/Helene in Sweden
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: It's been a loooooooong time!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 05:52:41 am »
Helene!!!!!!!!!!   :-*  :-*  :-*

Yup, ya think I'd forget? :)

GREAT to see you again as its been too long.  Please share detail update here so others (ie: newbies, etc), esp in Europe, can follow along!

Thrilled to see you and wishes for a VERY happy, HEALTHY holiday season!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 01:30:41 pm »
Helene~
GREAT to see you and glad to hear that things are going so well for you!!  Happy New Year to you and yours also!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 04:05:10 pm »
Hello Helene from beautiful Sweden, from whence came August Strindberg, Hans Blix, Ingrid Bergman and ABBA, not necessarily in that order.  You've been missed.  In fact, I was just thinking about some of the folks that we no longer see posting and your name ('Catlover') popped into my head.  Good to have you back on the forums and apparently doing quite well, too.  Congratulations!  Your offer to help other AN patients who may need some support/advice/empathy is appreciated. I look forward to seeing your posts in the near future.  Thanks for thinking of us.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 03:22:27 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 03:15:24 pm »
Nice to see you again, Helene  ;D

I appreciate life more too since my AN - I think most of us do.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cecile k

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 09:28:39 pm »
Was it not your hubby that has a bratty sense of humor :-)?? Or maybe I'm mistaken...

cecile

Kaybo

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 09:24:26 am »
I was thinking about sweet hubby too..

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 05:17:33 pm »
It is her hubby  ;D

I had almost forgotten that.

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 08:34:29 pm »
Helene .....

How good to hear from you again.  How could we forget you and Mats?  I'm still waiting on that plane ticket to Sweden!!!  If I remember correctly, you are a teacher ..... correct?  How is that going?

Don't go away for so long again!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

catlover

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 06:11:02 pm »
Was it not your hubby that has a bratty sense of humor :-)?? Or maybe I'm mistaken...

cecile

Yes, it sure is. His bratty sense of humour seems to be famous far away from Sweden as well!  ;D
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Waiting for GK

catlover

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 06:17:57 pm »
Hi again!
Lovely to see that all of you still are here! It's so nice that you still remember me - and of course my dear hubby, Mats (or largecat as he called himself).

I've had a nice Christmas and New Year and tomorrow everything will be back as normal. I'll be working in school with my dear pupils and I'm looking forward to it, althought it has been nice to sleep a bit in the mornings and taking the days as they come.

As I wrote before, I must say that life is lovely. I'm feeling very healthy and I don't think much of my post-AN, but now and then I get reminded and every time I'm so gratful that everything went the way it went and that I don't have any problems (except deafness on one of my ears) today. Fantastic!

The best to all of you!

/Catlover
SSD and balance issues
Waiting for GK

kenneth_k

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 01:54:39 pm »
Hej på dig.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well and how nice of you to share.

Best regards, Kenneth

catlover

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 05:34:31 pm »
Hi Kenneth,
I can't believe what I'm reading! Is it really possibly to get a CSF leak two years after surgery?  ???

How do the doctors explain that? Maybe, one should take it easy when working at the gym...

/Catlover
SSD and balance issues
Waiting for GK

catlover

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 02:37:20 pm »
Hi Clarice,
Nice to hear from you again. Yes, I'm still a teacher and I'm working hard as usual. I have 24 pupils on my own so it's a lot of work, but somehow I love it anyway.

After surgery I was worried about if I would be able to work as before surgery, but it's no problems at all. I thought a lot about my SSD and if I would need a BAHA or something, but I coupe allright without. I don't even think about my SSD in the classroom anymore. My pupils know that they just can't shout out my name if the want help, they have to raise the hand as well, or otherwise I can't hear who needs my help, but that is not a big problem at all!

I'll try not to get too far away from this lovely forum again. I've been missing you all!

All the best to you from Helene, Mats and Sweden  :)
SSD and balance issues
Waiting for GK

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 06:37:23 pm »
Helene .....

So good to hear that you are doing well back as a teacher.  Am I correct that you teach First Graders?  Or was it Third Graders?  I should back at your previous posts.  At any rate, I think the little ones are much more forgiving and understanding about things like hearing loss.  They accept you for what you are.  Our oldest grandchild is in the First Grade ..... a lovely age!

..... and yes, do not stay away from the forum so long next time!   :)  We have missed you.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011