Author Topic: New info for now...  (Read 4467 times)

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
New info for now...
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:10:38 pm »
Hi everyone. I am just dropping a note to let you all know my one year follow-up in finished a bit early. The not so good news is that it appears I have a re-growth. I'm not really sure that I am ready to talk about this yet but felt I needed to let you know.
I am scheduled for my next MRI in December. My doctors and I will see what the rate of growth is at that time and decide on my course of treatment. My neurosurgeon wants me to research radiation treatments at this time.
I just can't quite figure out how I feel. I think I float around from numb, to angry, to confident, to scared and everything imaginable in between.
I will be back later today. I think I would prefer the community stay focused on those young ones and their families that need our support so desperately right now.
                                                                                    Loves 2 you all, Sherry
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: New info for now...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 04:27:00 pm »
Yo, windy wench!  Do you know how many huggles I am sending your way? Do you know that I am sending you big thoughts and wishes and amethyst hugs?  OH, hun.... hang in there!

xoxoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:29:07 pm »
Windwench--
Trying to reassure you a little--when I had an MRI a year post-op, it appeared to the radiologist that I had a regrowth and it did to my Dr. here, too, so I sent the films to House and Dr. Friedman reassured me that I was seeing residual fat from the graft. Has your surgeon seen these?

Sorry! You don't get to choose who we're concerned about. We are concerned about every one of the "family" here, young, old, in-between, pre-op, post-op, no-op, deaf, party-deaf, droopy, not droopy, feelin' droopy, headache, no-headache, wobbly, lurchy, spinning--we're all in the soup together, dear!  Those of us who can't swim at the moment rely on the ones who can.  Hang in there and keep us posted.
Hugs and Kisses
Capt Deb
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 05:29:21 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Obita

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 05:02:31 pm »
Sherry:

I feel very bad for you......that "not again feeling".  Did your Dr. have the radiology report? (I would want to know what the report said) Or was he looking at your MRI and told you what he saw?  I would hope a Neurosurgeon would know the difference but Deb's didn't.  Like Deb said, send your CD to The House for a second opinion................Piece of mind anyway.

Best wishes and try not to let it get you down too bad,  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

vjharris

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 06:06:34 pm »
Windwench--

Sorry! You don't get to choose who we're concerned about. We are concerned about every one of the "family" here, young, old, in-between, pre-op, post-op, no-op, deaf, party-deaf, droopy, not droopy, feelin' droopy, headache, no-headache, wobbly, lurchy, spinning--we're all in the soup together, dear!  Those of us who can't swim at the moment rely on the ones who can.  Hang in there and keep us posted.
Hugs and Kisses
Capt Deb

Deb,
I loved this post. What a great sentiment...and how comforting it is to all of us (even us "mainly lurkers") to know we have so many terrific people to cry or smile with.
This site is wonderful. Thanks to you and others who help make it so.
vjh
2.2x2.37 right side meningioma or acoustic neuroma
Gamma Knife Dec 5, 2006

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 07:08:19 am »
Thanks to all of you. My doctor had both the radiology report and the actual MRI films. I can see it myself too. I didnt have the fat graph so its not that. It looks just like my tumor did...just smaller. The radialogy report said there is an outside chance that it could be scar tissue but strongly suspects recurrent neuroma.
I'm going to try to not worry too much. After being through this once already, I know the best thing I can do is research. Oh I forgot to tell you guys my hearing that was slowly returning is now going away. My audiology test show a significant loss since the last one. Also am having "really" difficult time with balance. Maybe as bad as it was at about 3 weeks post surgery. Maybe that will help in the long run tho...last time I had hardly any balance problems and full range hearing pre-op.
More as I get it but looks like the long "wait and watch" season has begun for me. Much love and thanks to you all. You are the best.               Sherry
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

Battyp

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 07:41:59 am »
Sherry I'm so sorry to hear your news.  I just got my 9 mos post op mri faxed to me (they think they faxed it to the doctors) it says I have a cystic area and when I looked at my mri there is something there that wasn't there last time.  So now I'm in panic mode.  We can cry and worry together!  After all you're our windy wench and if you're not full of air we are going to have just stop the boat...let's stop the boat in some fun cove with lots of hunky eye candy and blow off a lot of steam?  Are you in?  We can bake in the sun and drink nice cool drinks with umbrella's in our glass  ;D :-*

cookiesecond

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 09:41:25 am »
Sherry,
You are in my thoughts and prayers... Remember we are in this together!!
Lynn

PS Why did you have your follow up early?

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 11:56:21 am »
hey Sherry!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

:)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 09:27:35 pm »
I totally agree with Capt. Deb. There is room in our prayers for everyone. Thank goodness, God doesn't get AN's, because He is getting an EARFUL this week!! 

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 10:58:41 pm »
Sherry,
You are in my thoughts and prayers... Remember we are in this together!!
Lynn

PS Why did you have your follow up early?

Well actually Lynn...they were late with my six months post-op so they combined them. I think a little bit of this is to try and accomadate me too...travel is two hours each way and my car is broken!!!
Lynn I am so grateful that you and I have walked this together. You are a wonderful support girl and I want you to know I have mad luv for you.

Sherry I'm so sorry to hear your news. I just got my 9 mos post op mri faxed to me (they think they faxed it to the doctors) it says I have a cystic area and when I looked at my mri there is something there that wasn't there last time. So now I'm in panic mode. We can cry and worry together! After all you're our windy wench and if you're not full of air we are going to have just stop the boat...let's stop the boat in some fun cove with lots of hunky eye candy and blow off a lot of steam? Are you in? We can bake in the sun and drink nice cool drinks with umbrella's in our glass ;D :-*

Wooooo Hooooo would a lil eye candy do wonderous things for my spirits about now... ;) It also seem you have to be in fear mode with me so I hope if there is ever a time you need me you will just call out my name...I "will" be here for you.

I surely wouldnt know what to do without you all. Hugzzzzzzzz everyone. Sherry

tryston

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 07:36:09 am »
Windy aand Batty,

My thoughts are with you. Please no panicking. Everyone here is with you and there is no definitive word from your surgeons yet. Postiive thoughts, Positive thoughts.
37 yrs old
8 - 10mm AN in left IAC removed 9/12/06
Middle Fossa
Drs. Brackmann & Hitselberger, HEC

luv2teachsped

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 08:51:10 pm »
Sherry;  Please know you are also  in my thoughts and prayers.  I recently "celebrated" my one years MRI, and can only imagine what you're going through.  Take Care of yourself!luv2teach
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

nipanddale

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 09:09:43 pm »
Sherry,

I haven't been very good with praying in the last few years, but I promise you I'm doing it these days and I'm sending them your way.

Keep us posted.

nip
3.5cm Diagnosed June 2006 - Removed June 28, 2006
House Ear Clinic - Los Angeles, CA
Surgical Doctors: Brackmann, Hitselberger, Kutz, and Stefan
CFS Leak Doctor: Friedman
Follow-up Doctor: Cullen

Entire tumor removed
Facial nerve intact

Today is a good day!