Author Topic: Will find out tomorrow....  (Read 6617 times)

clarkebar

Will find out tomorrow....
« on: December 16, 2010, 10:29:52 am »
Hi,
I get the results of my MRI tomorrow.  I have significant hearing loss in my right ear with a feeling of fullness and headaches around the back of that ear.  I also have occasional tingling around my mouth.  I came across this site and have found it to be so useful to prepare myself for the potential news and to be ready with questions, if needed.  Thanks so much to all of you who have posted.  I'll let you know!

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Re: Will find out tomorrow....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 10:44:29 am »
Best of luck at your doctors appointment.  I am sure that you have many emotions right now and hopefully your doctor will be able to give you advice that you need.

TJ

clarkebar

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:55:51 am »
Thanks TJ.  I'm as ready as I can be thanks to all the great people and information on this site.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 12:09:10 pm »
Welcome to this forum clarkebar .....

Although we hope it is not an AN, we are here to support you with whatever you are told.  Let us know when you know.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Mark241

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 01:15:50 pm »
Yes hope ya don't have one, but if ya do were here.
4cm C1  16hrs                 Barrows, Jan 06      NF2
3.5 cm  Right AN retro       Barrows, Oct 06   
Cranial Plate removal           UNM Nov 07
LP                                   Barrows  Jan,2011
Wound revision                 Barrows Feb, 2011
5mm left middle Fossa,  (2) 2mm spine w&w

wcrimi

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 01:28:26 pm »
Best of luck
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

clarkebar

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 02:43:55 pm »
Thanks all.  I am also hoping I don't have one and I hope you don't mind me jumping on here before I know for sure.  I like to be armed and ready!  If I do have one, I will be thankful for this great place to go to.  If I don't, I'll make a nice donation to ANA!!!  Tick tock.  Tomorrow afternoon can't possibly come fast enough.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 04:53:10 pm »
Good luck!! I know how it is...I just knew for certain that I had an AN before I got the results.  But if there also have been a lot of people on here like you who thought they did have one as well and then they get the results back they didn't! Let's all hope you are wrong! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

clarkebar

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 03:33:28 pm »
So there's no tumor to explain the hearing loss but the nerve to the facial muscles on the opposite side lit up with the contrast. Someone else is now looking at that to determine what they think it is. I'm having vestibular testing done next week to try to explain the dizziness. No idea why I have hearing loss. Thanks for the words of support you gave me!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 03:40:07 pm »
Clark ~

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad that you don't have an acoustic neuroma but sorry that the MRI is showing nerve-related problems.  I hope the testing will offer a clear indication for the cause of your troubling symptoms.  We would appreciate it if you could let us know when you have an answer.  Thanks - and thanks, too, for your kind words.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

clarkebar

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 04:35:59 pm »
Hi Jim,
Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely check back in as I have more information. Thanks for making me feel so welcomed!