Author Topic: Boston Foundation for Sight  (Read 3672 times)

Angel894

Boston Foundation for Sight
« on: December 01, 2010, 07:15:01 pm »
So I saw a new optometrist today.  The one I worked for is too far away and I just wanted some glasses to help with the vision in my right eye.  Well, he told me about Boston for Sight.  They make a lense that fits over your ENTIRE eye (under the eyelids, too).  It helps keep the moisture in.  He said it is a good alternative to getting a tassoraphy.  It looks like the closest place to me is in Houston, TX.  I live in Louisiana.  If it were just one trip, we might be able to do it.  But as with everything, it is a multiple trip thing.  I e-mailed them to see if I missed it and there is one closer to me.  Has anyone ever heard of this?

http://www.bostonsight.org/index.cfm?pg=1&pgtitle=Home
AN reduction March 17, 2009.  80% of a 6.4x7.6 cm  monster removed.  Remaining tumor has since shrunk leaving only slight residual tumor behind being monitored by now yearly MRIs.  Had my eye re-opened & the lids reconstructed in November of '10 & fighting to keep my life as normal as I can

Kaybo

Re: Boston Foundation for Sight
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:36:46 pm »
I have never heard of it but I have just moved to Houston - I'll be checking it out for sure!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jeanlea

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:41:52 am »
I have heard of it and know of someone from another forum that had it done.  She has no feeling and no movement in her eye just like I do.  It would certainly be worth finding out if it is something that would work for you. 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 12:21:53 pm »
For what it's worth, I gave that information to my ophthalmologist and he said it was designed for soldiers who lost their eyelids due to facial burns and other injuries, and not for general use.

Perhaps that has changed, though.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13