Author Topic: High ANA titer 1:2560  (Read 12247 times)

dgrimes

High ANA titer 1:2560
« on: June 09, 2006, 08:43:13 pm »
I was diagnosed with Hashimotos thyroiditis almost 4 years ago. was on too much synthroid which caused major eye problems that I still have to this day and now recently found out I have a high ANA titer.  In January it was 1:1260 and in May 1:2580. 
Have you ever heard of it this high.

I have had a low fever of 99.6 off and on for about 2 years and just plain haven't felt well.

I had the whole work up for Lupus, Sjorgens and many other autoimmune diseases and they came back negative in January.

I also have a high IgM level...January 378 and may was 351 and the doctors can't figure out why.

I was at the Rhematologist today and she did the whole Lupus, Sjorgens, and many other blood tests to see why the titer went up.

Any ideas on what could be going on?
I would appreciate any feedback!
Thanks,
Diana

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: High ANA titer 1:2560
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 08:53:13 am »
oh, gawd, Dana, you just gave me chills in what I went through 5 yrs ago!!!!!!! Oh, I can so relate!

I took ill 5 yrs ago and like you, did the rounds with rhumetologists.  I went through the anti-DNA/anti-ANA, blah blah blah tests to test for lupus and such (my sister does have lupus).  My anti-DNA is fine but like you, my anti-ANA is high.  Mine was at (gawd, I'd have to pull my files/records) something like 1:64 then 1:120.  I had my annual physical earlier this week and asked my primary care to run my anti-ANA again since it's been so long since the last reading was done. Waiting on the results now, so more than happy to share with you it's outcome as soon as I get the results.  I know they ruled out Lupus for me (since the anti-DNA was fine) but originally, the 1st rhuemetologist just diagnosised me with fibroymyalgia, secondary to what my original illness is (pre-AN).  BTW, I had the left thyroid removed back in '98 for a benign growth and she also ran my TH labs this week to make sure it's still functioning fine... doubtful there is a correlation between TH and anti-ANA readings

I know that sounded mumbled, but let me get my anti-ANA results this week. If still showing elevated, will ask my primary (she's been with me for just over a year now so wasn't around at first elevated levels) to get her thoughts on it... .she's been guiding me through my AN journey and I completed trust her judgement.

Phyllis
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 08:55:55 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 09:13:17 am »
I was diagnosed with Hashimotos thyroiditis almost 4 years ago. was on too much synthroid which caused major eye problems that I still have to this day and now recently found out I have a high ANA titer.  In January it was 1:1260 and in May 1:2580. 
Have you ever heard of it this high.

I have had a low fever of 99.6 off and on for about 2 years and just plain haven't felt well.

I had the whole work up for Lupus, Sjorgens and many other autoimmune diseases and they came back negative in January.

DianaI also have a high IgM level...January 378 and may was 351 and the doctors can't figure out why.

I was at the Rhematologist today and she did the whole Lupus, Sjorgens, and many other blood tests to see why the titer went up.

Any ideas on what could be going on?
I would appreciate any feedback!
Thanks,
Diana

Diana,
Do you have an actual acoustic neuroma brain tumor? The term ANA on this forum stands for Acoustic Neuroma Association. I have no Idea what an ANA titer is.
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:14:46 am »

Diana,
Do you have an actual acoustic neuroma brain tumor? The term ANA on this forum stands for Acoustic Neuroma Association. I have no Idea what an ANA titer is.
Capt Deb

thought crossed my mind too, Pirate Wench, but hey, I may be able to help with an answer on this one... we'll see!
me :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jenifyer

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 07:13:10 pm »
i was wondering what that was too......

cookiesecond

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 07:17:45 pm »
me too!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 09:36:25 pm »
here is a good link that discussed what the AntiNuclearAnti-body (ANA) is...

http://arthritis.about.com/od/diagnostic/a/ana.htm

I agree that the post may be earmarked for an anti-ANA (anti nuclear antibody) site, but hey, I'm in these shoes as well and if I can help... heck, that's why I'm the cruise director, right? :)