Author Topic: CK Done  (Read 3259 times)

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
CK Done
« on: November 22, 2010, 03:16:32 pm »
Seems it is the season,others have mentioned they are done as welll.  My CK has been completed and I hope the booger just dies!  As we all have gone through, it has been a few years of mixed emotions with this thing in my head.  The one thing that I learned is that it was there and there was nothing I could do to change that.  I had to learn to accept it and to deal with it.  I also learned that you cannot just stop your world because of the AN, life goes on.   Hopefully it will just die peacefully and not present itself it some other weird way.  Thanks to all on this great site for the information and support during the past years. 

I do have to say that CK was very easy, it was just getting to that point that was hard.

TJ

Tumbleweed

Re: CK Done
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:38:27 pm »
Congratulations on becoming a toastie postie, TJ! Yeah, the beginning of the journey is the hardest, it seems, for everyone. You are over the hump. Best wishes for a smooth ride from here on out.

TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

Mei Mei

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 09:05:27 pm »
Best wishes to you and congratulations.   It's a long way to a decision but now you have that all behind you and you're on the road to a wonderful future ahead!

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 02:26:20 pm »
TJ ~

Congratulations on completing your CyberKnife treatment.  I 'm sure better days are ahead for you.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 03:52:19 pm »
TJ

From one CKer to another---more happy days are ahead.  My worst days were making the decision (spent two days staring and thinking in a chair after doing all available research options) which consisted of two very intense days and nights.

Best wishes to you and welcome to the concert on your AN side.  You'll hear all kinds of music single-sided.

Congratulations and have a safe holiday season.

Palace (Pal)
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 07:45:57 pm »
I talked with Stanford on Friday and as I mentioned earlier, they didn't get the measurements report from Dominican MRI Center.  Stanford just called me again and they were going to be able to supply the current tumor measurements for me today.  They didn't get them and it's too late for them to retrieve the data today.  I kindly asked again if they would call Dominican MRI Center tomorrow and I'll sign a release form if necessary.  The approximate guess with Stanford after the doctor looked at my MRI earlier today is: 19X18X13 which is like last year at this time.  I requested exact measurements so, I'll get those soon.  I told them this will be the first time since my diagnosis that I won't be going to the audiologist.  I'm not a candidate for a hearing aid, all it will do is cost me monies to go be tested again and there isn't any great change in my (almost complete) loss of hearing on the right side compared to last year.  By going it would simply supply data for comparison with the doctors.  Last year a graph was posted regarding my tumor shrinkage and thankfully, it has been significant.  So far I'm still very pleased with my team of doctors which is more important than the Cyberknife or Gamaknife, itself.  Having experienced doctors planning Cyberknife or Gammaknife can make the difference in the outcome.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:48:25 pm by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness