Author Topic: BAHA Implant Surgery Video  (Read 9625 times)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: BAHA Implant Surgery Video
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 08:08:02 am »
Thanks, Keith.  It's kind of reassuring that yours took longer, too.  AFter reading about all the people who talked through their 30 minute procedure, I was starting to feel like an oddity!   :D :D

Yes, now the countdown.  I am figuring that we should get "turned on" in late February!! Great birthday presents for both of us (mine is Jan 30, so a little late, but still a great present!)  Can't wait to compare notes.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

keithk

• Cochlear Awareness Volunteer (Chapter Leader)
    • Retrosigmoid Surgery
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 08:47:01 am »
That is a great birthday gift. Mine is Feb 1. Although this year hasn't been all bad. Our daughter had twins on Oct 18. Now we haave 3 granddaughters and our first grandson. We will be spending thanksgiving weekend with them. Can't wait.
AN surgery 8/19/10, 9.5 hrs
8mm x 5mm left side
Retrosigmoid, Drs Reichert & Harvey
Severe hearing loss in the left ear before surgery. SSD after surgery. Balance issues. Tinnitus (mild). Buzzing in left ear.
BAHA implant surgery 11/17/10
BAHA activation 2/1/11

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 10:43:08 pm »
I can't speak for implant surgery under general anesthesia, because I had local, but prep time for my surgery took more time than the actual procedure.  

Lots of drapes  :o  By the time they placed them all, I basically could only see down a long "tunnel" of drapes to a really nice nurse who was seated at the other end.  

Start to finish was only about 90 minutes, but I only had lidocaine injected into my head.  I think the time of your surgeries is normal in light of the general anesthesia.

Jan
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:45:51 pm by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways